I believe I've found a bug in the latest version of Scratch on the Raspberry Pi. I've compared it with Scratch 1.4 on PC and Scratch 2.0 on PC.
Here's how to replicate it:
- Change the background to the x-y grid (for reference)
- Edit the cat's costume. Add a black dot to the left of the cat.
- Change the costume centre so that it is on this dot.
- Add this script: when green flag clicked / set size to 70% / go to x:0 y:0
- Run the script
What should happen is the black dot should sit on the 0,0 point in the grid, because it's the centre of the sprite and the sprite's position is 0,0. What actually happens is the black dot sits between the 0,0 point and the cat image, which I think means the centre point isn't scaling when the sprite image is. So the sprite is shown at 70%, but the centre point now sits outside the sprite and hasn't scaled. When you run this test on a PC in 1.4 or 2.0, the black dot remains at 0,0 after running the script.
I've got a really cool project that works great on the PC but not on the Pi as a result of this. Please let me know if I've overlooked anything on my end, or if it can be fixed! Thank you for your time!