New:
AmigaRacer
AmiCloud the worlds first cloud storage with no traffic limitation
MilkyTracker
Fixed locales
Audio driver for AROS made by deadwood
VisualboyAdvance and FCEUX in preparation for EmuLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... T2LRauSSKA
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Most advanced OS for Raspberry got an update

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Seems to be a costly OS, missed out from post:

The Raspberry Pi Version is only available for registered users. To get registered you need to qualify yourself with one of the following options:
1. Buy something from ares-shop.de or prove that you bought a AresOne from somewhere else
2. USE our sd-card service on ebay
3. Donate at east 15 US € to any AROS related bounty on www.power2people.org or prove that you did already.
4. Or buy a ARES ArmedOne
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

stderr

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:29 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:The Raspberry Pi Version is only available for registered users. To get registered you need to qualify yourself with one of the following options:
1. Buy something from ares-shop.de or prove that you bought a AresOne from somewhere else
Leaving out the weird Billy Budd thing going on between the product's mascot and that poor penguin, if you go and read what this actually is supposed to be, it's running on Linux!: "AEROS is a hybrid distribution of AROS (www.aros.org) and Linux (in the moment debian 6.0 for X86 and 7.0 for ARM is used) available for ARM and x86 systems." It also says, "The source code is available under an open source license, which allows anyone to freely improve upon it." So apparently open source requires paying first.

asandford

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:42 pm

stderr wrote:... Linux (in the moment debian 6.0 for X86 and 7.0 for ARM is used) available for ARM and x86 systems.".
So, updated to behind on 2 versions of debian x86 and one on ARM...

phoenixkonsole

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:48 pm

A bit of OSX is in the air.
The problem is that AEROS without the non-free parts would make no sense.
At the end of the year, there will be a free image where people can decide to pay and unlock additional components.
I386 emulation for example is powered by Exagear.

Oh and open source costs time and money (because time is money)
http://www.power2people.org

IF you like to support something, you get aeros for free. If you port stuff over.. well, you get it for free.
If you buy something else (and support us) you get it for free... and so on and so forth.

phoenixkonsole

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Linux is just there to sit below AROS, so it doesn't matter which base it was 2 years ago..
Important is that you can run linux next to AROS apps. And that exagear allows execution of i386 apps.
We feature an own App Store and Cloud storage. We have the world's first lossless vector based video codec and the fastest booting os : )

fruitoftheloom

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:01 pm

phoenixkonsole wrote:Linux is just there to sit below AROS, so it doesn't matter which base it was 2 years ago..
Important is that you can run linux next to AROS apps. And that exagear allows execution of i386 apps.
We feature an own App Store and Cloud storage. We have the world's first lossless vector based video codec and the fastest booting os : )
Nothing against paying, though would of been great if was mentioned in you Post

Caveat Emptor
adieu

phoenixkonsole

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Ok sorry : )
But sometimes we release an older build to the public:
http://www.indiego.rocks/file/downloadA ... 5c78a24ad5

There is a download section on www.aeros-os.org

Also from time to time we release the latest build to the public (celebrating something..)
At years end it we stop this "forcing support" and offer one image for everyone.
It just needs some extra love for non-geeks

asandford

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:23 pm

phoenixkonsole wrote:Linux is just there to sit below AROS, so it doesn't matter which base it was 2 years ago..
Debian Squeeze froze December 2010, and Wheezy froze February 2012, so a bit more than 2 years. Do security updates get applied?

phoenixkonsole

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,
security support for debian 6.0 ends this month, debian 7 goes until 2018.
The x86 branch is unmaintained until AROS Broadway reaches 1.0 state which may happen also this year.
The debian 8.0 will be used. The ARM branch will use debian 8 starting in 4 weeks.

gamecat666

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:48 pm

i'm very confused by this - i must be missing something. what does it have to do with the amiga OS?
from everything i've seen it looks to me like a generic reskinned linux distro, does it just have a 68000 emulator in it somewhere?
maybe I was expecting it to be more like workbench!

fruitoftheloom

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:19 pm

gamecat666 wrote:i'm very confused by this - i must be missing something. what does it have to do with the amiga OS?
from everything i've seen it looks to me like a generic reskinned linux distro, does it just have a 68000 emulator in it somewhere?
maybe I was expecting it to be more like workbench!
It is based of AROS as stated in Original Post http://aros.sourceforge.net
adieu

stderr

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:It is based of AROS as stated in Original Post http://aros.sourceforge.net
Which is the only OS to use on September 19th, International Talk Like Pirate Day. Arrrrrr OS is great!

phoenixkonsole

Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 pm

The desktop is called Wanderer which is a Workbench clone.
The theme and Icons are form my AROS distribution called Broadway (www.aros-broadway.de)
It doesn't look like Workbench at first.. but you will finde the Menu and Drawer look&Feel of workbench.

This weekend I will try to finish the debian 8 based version so I can release the 7based image to the public.
So you can try it out..
Alternatively you can check www.aros-broadway.de in VMWare, so you may get an idea about Wanderer.

gamecat666

Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:55 am

ah cool, looking forward to giving it a go

danfromleeds

Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 am

Hi there.... how is Aeros compatibility coming along for Pi 3?

phoenixkonsole

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:14 am

Hi AEROS is now free and also available for Pi3+ . It has become part of our TELOS Blockchain projects.

https://blueboxing.net/resources/whitepaper.pdf

the indieGO Appstore and Amicloud will be connected to the TELOS coin in the next 1-2 month, so your Raspberry can act as energy friendly Masternode or Staking devices which can earn you currently around 4$ a month

The idea is to give users play money to spend for buying Apps and Games from developers which shall lead to accelerated development

////////////////////////////

AEROS is a hybrid OS based of AROS which is an opensource rewrite of commodore Amiga Operating System and linux. For a small fee you can unleash also i386 compatibility on ARM boards which allows to run Teamviewer , Spotify and Skype.

indieGO Appstore has been updated
Amicloud as well
Transcendence Wallet works beautifully on my Pi3 without portforwarding I got 7 connections to the network.

i have saved the fully synched Blockdata on the image (as of today) ,so synching is way faster.

Check the AEROS subpage on www.teloscoin.org/aeros for the free download and a short guide

Changelog for AEROS 4.3
- updated firmware supporting the latest Rapbery pi 3+ as well
- disabled ssh by default (check pdf guide on download page regarding default password and change it)
- updated amicloud
- updated AppStore
- updated Linux kernel
Several small fixes improving speed and stability
Some included apps are i386 and require activation exagear desktop which is available for a small fee. Just ask : )

Grab the fastest way to run a telos staking node from www.teloscoin.org/aeros

It boots in under 2 seconds with a fast card (pi3)

Due to the fact the plus version is now free, everyone who donated or bought an sd card can recest 1000 telos.

The currency whe started is not energy or power demanding so it will work also on low cost systems. Instead mining (pow) it is a staking coin so all you need to do is to keep telos in your wallet to get some rewards over time.
Each telos can be seen as lottery ticket. If you have more, than you get more chances to win additional telos every minute.

The idea is to provide you passive income in order to provide a small market for developers.

It money was the problem .. it can be over now when you take the one time opportunity to join a „young“ but expanding project.

Making AEROS the main os and most easiest entry to telos staking allows us to combine AROS development (normally not interesting for mankind) with the interest of a way larger community of investors and blockchain users.

Unlike Amigacoin, telos is mainly target as general payment coin and is supported by many external projects. Actually if you sort by number of nodes we are in top 3 on masternodes.online . Tendency goes up.

Telos can be exchanges against BTC/ETH/LTC
And more important directly against: PLN / EUR / USD / GBP / TRY

this enables developers earning telos to exchange to FIAT money

Currently we work on swapping between telos and indiecoin, so you can buy stuff directly in indieGO AppStore and or buy amicloud storage.

In around 14 days a auction platform will be launched accepting telos for protected payments.

I don’t ask to use it : ) I am just offering it because it is good , will work and you can take a piece of the cake to fund amiga related projects passively ... woot woot.

Return to “Other”