TimothyAnderson1992

Needing a few things made. will pay.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:38 am

I am making a 1/10 scale town. And I am in need of these things made. I live in La Pine. Oregon. If there is any questions please ask. I am very open minded on this whole projects. I know I can buy all of this stuff besides the weight station, at a store and just plug them into batteries. But this town is going to be outside and I do not want to have to go to each thing and turn it off. I am wanting to put the computer and a screen in a central spot.
If you only want to do certain sections of this project please let me know.

Traffic Lights:
4 way stop, 3 way stop light.
Just on a timer.
Do not want or need sensors to operate the traffic lights.
I need 4 of the 4 way stop lights.
I need 2 of the 3 way stop lights.

Street Lights:
I would like to have 10 street lights. Each with 3 LED lights in them.

Weight Station:
So say there is nothing on the scale it does not read out anything on a small screen.
Lets say the object that you put on the scale is 1-10 pounds it will read out on the small screen saying 34,000
Lets say the object is 11-15 pounds it will read out 56,000
and 16-20 pounds will say 80,000.
21-25 will say 105,000.

All controlled in a program that can be turned on all these systems. If you can do this please let me know a price quote.

Thank you,
Tim Anderson
Last edited by TimothyAnderson1992 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

B.Goode

Re: Needing a few things made will pay.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:32 am

Since you presumably want physical objects that will be shipped to you, it might help to know where in the world you are, as that will influence shipping costs.

B.Goode

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:38 am

TimothyAnderson1992 wrote: Weight Station(Where say something actual weight is 10 pounds, and it says 35000 on a small screen say about 1.5 inch screen. and if its actual weight is 15 pounds it says 80,000 pounds.)

Simple for those 2 exact weights. But I don't understand the maths if other weights could be involved.

(I won't be offering to do this: just pointing out that you need a clear spec to work from.)

TimothyAnderson1992

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:56 pm

B.Goode wrote:Since you presumably want physical objects that will be shipped to you, it might help to know where in the world you are, as that will influence shipping costs.
I live in Oregon. I am not looking to have the Traffic Light models made Just the electronics. I am sorry I did not clarify that when I posted.

B.Goode wrote:
TimothyAnderson1992 wrote: Weight Station(Where say something actual weight is 10 pounds, and it says 35000 on a small screen say about 1.5 inch screen. and if its actual weight is 15 pounds it says 80,000 pounds.)

Simple for those 2 exact weights. But I don't understand the maths if other weights could be involved.

(I won't be offering to do this: just pointing out that you need a clear spec to work from.)

To explain a little more about the Weight Station. I would like it to be a range so 0 would read 0 and 1-10 pounds would read out 34,000 and 11-16 would be 64,000 and 16-20 would be 80,000.

If anyone would like to know more info please ask.

Rnd(100)

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi,

You said "I am wanting to put the computer and a screen in a central spot.." , what do you need the computer for ? You could manage it all with a microcontroller ?

If you want to display the weight on a small screen, do you have something in mind for the screen ? If not, what about just an LCD display ?

Do you have info on the stop lights that you want to use, I.e. Interface / voltage levels / amount of current to switch ?

Do you have a sensor in mind for the scale ? Or is this up to whoever can help with your project ?

TimothyAnderson1992

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Rnd(100) wrote:Hi,

You said "I am wanting to put the computer and a screen in a central spot.." , what do you need the computer for ? You could manage it all with a microcontroller ?

If you want to display the weight on a small screen, do you have something in mind for the screen ? If not, what about just an LCD display ?

Do you have info on the stop lights that you want to use, I.e. Interface / voltage levels / amount of current to switch ?

Do you have a sensor in mind for the scale ? Or is this up to whoever can help with your project ?
Sorry for the delay in replying been very busy.
I can manage with a micro controller. And a lcd would work perfectly. About the stop lights. I wanted to see if someone could make all of the electronics for them I will make the plastics for them. And the scale is up to who ever makes this project.

Thanks for the question. If anyone has any more questions please ask.

samighi11

Re: Needing a few things made. will pay.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:52 pm

i have made a lego Web controlled lights system using .3 mm led (what I think are .3 mm)

It uses an ESP8266 (Mod 12 i think) with a web front end and I2C to a 23017.

it is pretty scalable. It can control up to 16 lights. it requires a lot of wiring from the 23017 to the destination LED. I have used 30 awg wire with success. Each LED needs a power + common ground. So a 3 light traffic light (which I have built) requires 4 wires back to the 23017. For each 16, you need one additional 23017 only. they can piggy back on each other.

i am not fantastic on soldering, but am able to get it on a photo-board. You can use Dupont (takes a while) connector to terminate them from the board to the destination. That would be up to you pretty much.

Cost? time? I have no idea. the NodeMCU (I used a mod12 in this case) is about $10, the 23017 is about $5-10$ each. So say $30 for just the parts (I can't seem to upload the image)

it took me about 4 hours to make this and it was my third iteration downsizing it.

If the parts cost $30 (I believe i have all the parts including dupont connectors), make me an offer. it will take me 2-3 hours to repeat and 2-3 hours to agree on the design and programming with you. I have no problem (my time is sort of free to you) doing this over a few weeks.

I will post images somewhere and if allowed will send you a link

samighi11

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 pm

samighi11 wrote:i have made a lego Web controlled lights system using .3 mm led (what I think are .3 mm)

It uses an ESP8266 (Mod 12 i think) with a web front end and I2C to a 23017.

it is pretty scalable. It can control up to 16 lights. it requires a lot of wiring from the 23017 to the destination LED. I have used 30 awg wire with success. Each LED needs a power + common ground. So a 3 light traffic light (which I have built) requires 4 wires back to the 23017. For each 16, you need one additional 23017 only. they can piggy back on each other.

i am not fantastic on soldering, but am able to get it on a photo-board. You can use Dupont (takes a while) connector to terminate them from the board to the destination. That would be up to you pretty much.

Cost? time? I have no idea. the NodeMCU (I used a mod12 in this case) is about $10, the 23017 is about $5-10$ each. So say $30 for just the parts (I can't seem to upload the image)

it took me about 4 hours to make this and it was my third iteration downsizing it.

If the parts cost $30 (I believe i have all the parts including dupont connectors), make me an offer. it will take me 2-3 hours to repeat and 2-3 hours to agree on the design and programming with you. I have no problem (my time is sort of free to you) doing this over a few weeks.

I will post images somewhere and if allowed will send you a link
http://services.toreken.net/raspi/IMG_1215.jpg

use this URL and look for 1215, 1216, 1217 and 1218 jpegs.

PaulMace

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:54 pm

You can run the traffic lights with just 3 wires (or 4 if you want accurate amber timings)

This will work for 1 way, 2 way, 3 way and 4 way traffic lights (each way having 3 lights, red, amber and green)
Paul of Paulz Trainz www.paulztrainz.com

Return to “Wanted”