bones101

wifi dongle

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:56 pm

im looking at buying my 1st raspberry pi i have my order just waiting to pay but 1st i need a bit of info as i cant seem to find any, the reason i want to buy a pi is to use as a standalone kodi player but it must run on wifi. my problem is i cant seem to find out if there is just a plug and play dongle that i can use with openelec can anyone suggest a dongle that will work straight out the box or one that will work with openelec. i am familiar with linux no expert but googles a wonderful tool if i get stuck so not a problem if a few steps are needed to make this work i just cant be bothred keep pluging the laptop into the tv to use kodi. thanks in advance.

fruitoftheloom

Re: wifi dongle

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:31 pm

bones101 wrote:im looking at buying my 1st raspberry pi i have my order just waiting to pay but 1st i need a bit of info as i cant seem to find any, the reason i want to buy a pi is to use as a standalone kodi player but it must run on wifi. my problem is i cant seem to find out if there is just a plug and play dongle that i can use with openelec can anyone suggest a dongle that will work straight out the box or one that will work with openelec. i am familiar with linux no expert but googles a wonderful tool if i get stuck so not a problem if a few steps are needed to make this work i just cant be bothred keep pluging the laptop into the tv to use kodi. thanks in advance.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/usb-wifi-dongle
Retired disgracefully.....

jackokring

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 pm

The official one is out of stock in many places.
Pi[NFA]=B256R0USB CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
Pi[Work]=A+256 CL4SD8GB Raspbian Stock.
My favourite constant 1.65056745028

fruitoftheloom

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm

jackokring wrote:The official one is out of stock in many places.
The following Wireless Chipsets are also supported natively

Realtek RTL8188CU & RTL8188CUS

Ralink RT5370

...likely many more :shock:
Retired disgracefully.....

bones101

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm

thank you guys just completed my order and should expect my 1st pi in a few days hopefully the 1st of many, these little things look like a great little treat from what ive read and watched on them ive been waiting for a while to order one but never got round to it. thanks again guys much appreciated. :D

Return to “General discussion”