todd02

USB hub with touch screen and mouse

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:02 am

Anyone have an idea why a mouse plugged into a USB hub (attached to pi) is not being recognized? I have tested the hub with my desktop and it works as expected.

My set up will have a touch screen that connected a usb port for power and acts as a mouse for click events. The pi doesn't deliver enough power for the screen so I had to get the hub.
The screen is getting powered by the hub as expected but the mouse features are not working.

A mouse works fine when plugged in straight to a USB port on the pi, but not when connected via the hub.

The official WiFi dongle for raspberry pi works when connected via the hub, so the pi recognizes some things connected to the hub but not others.

ricl

Re: USB hub with touch screen and mouse

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:13 am

Check your power supplies. That's the first standard response.
Then, if you can, try another Pi.
The answer is in there somewhere.
As to exactly where it is.....
ricl : F/gamma = ma : Law ii(a) : https://climatedatablog.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/an-energy-challenge-2016/ #AnEnergyChallenge2016

fruitoftheloom

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 am

todd02 wrote:Anyone have an idea why a mouse plugged into a USB hub (attached to pi) is not being recognized? I have tested the hub with my desktop and it works as expected.

My set up will have a touch screen that connected a usb port for power and acts as a mouse for click events. The pi doesn't deliver enough power for the screen so I had to get the hub.
The screen is getting powered by the hub as expected but the mouse features are not working.

A mouse works fine when plugged in straight to a USB port on the pi, but not when connected via the hub.

The official WiFi dongle for raspberry pi works when connected via the hub, so the pi recognizes some things connected to the hub but not others.
Is it a USB3 Hub ? If so some have issues with renumerating USB1.1 Devices like you Mouse, whenused with the RPi 2B.

If you are using a good quality 5V2A PSU for the RPi 2B, you can increase the ma on the USB BUS from 600 to 1200ma, usually this negates the need for a USB Hub. In config.txt add:

max_usb_current=1
Rather than negativity think outside the box !

Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer.

todd02

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Is it a USB3 Hub ? If so some have issues with renumerating USB1.1 Devices like you Mouse, whenused with the RPi 2B.

If you are using a good quality 5V2A PSU for the RPi 2B, you can increase the ma on the USB BUS from 600 to 1200ma, usually this negates the need for a USB Hub. In config.txt add:

max_usb_current=1
It is a USB 3 hub.

I have added the max_usb_current=1 line to my config but still was not able to power the screen. It would flicker on but then shut right down after a second.

I will try a different power supply and see if that helps at all. If not, it sounds like I'm dead in the water until i get a different USB hub.

Thanks for the reply's.

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:08 am

todd02 wrote:

max_usb_current=1
It is a USB 3 hub.

I have added the max_usb_current=1 line to my config but still was not able to power the screen. It would flicker on but then shut right down after a second.

I will try a different power supply and see if that helps at all. If not, it sounds like I'm dead in the water until i get a different USB hub.

Thanks for the reply's.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... nownissues
Rather than negativity think outside the box !

Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer.

Return to “Windows 10 for IoT”