Why not go to the developers website ??mjflynt wrote:Has anyone successfully installed Clozure 1.10 on Raspbian on a Raspi 2B? I found instructions to do this in several places on the net, and many more for Clozure 1.9. When I try these along with variations on the theme I result in a segmentation fault but no specific error. Being rather new to all this, I expect there is probably a log file, but I don't know where to look. It seems to work up to the point where I "make" the executable using "hard floats" following instructions similar (and including) to those found here: http://lispm.de/ccl#t106 but after running it, it crashes.
stderr wrote:If you download the 1.11 version using svn, and you build it on the pi after apt-get install m4, it runs for me. I did a (+ 2 2) in the REPL and got back 4!mjflynt wrote:Yes, I did that, and I get the segmentation fault.
I went in there and the default seems to be blank and chosen elsewhere. I chose the hard floating point that was commented out and it did compile and seems to run.mjflynt wrote:Were you able to set it to "hard float" per this: "It's also possible to specify which ABI you want to use by editing the float_abi.mk file in the lisp-kernel/linuxarm directory and then re-running the commands above."?
I'm running an original RPi, I don't know if the RPi2 has some different issue or not.2B is ARM8 with hard float so should work.
The RPi2B is ARM7mjflynt wrote: The soft float version installed but is slow, and the 2B is ARM8 [sic] with hard float so should work.
Oh geez - silly me! Sorry about that. I got install instructions from a page similar to: http://techsnuffle.com/2012/10/28/commo ... e-nexus-7/fruitoftheloom wrote:ARM Cortex-A7mjflynt wrote: and the 2B is ARM8 with hard float so should work.
Yes pointed that out in first response that the Developers Website is the de-facto place to seek helpmjflynt wrote:Also, as pointed out in another post, the Clozure version is 1.11 now. I have not had a chance to try it yet, but I hope I have better luck!
Yes, you did, and I appreciate that. That is actually where I started, but at that time v1.10 was the most current. This v1.11 is fairly recent. I wasn't aware of it till stderr pointed that out. So I'll try it out later to see if the issue has been cleared up as stderr indicated that he/she was able to get it working. In the end, I will go back to the beginning - the developer website, but from where I started at first it had been no help. That's why I am reaching out here. I hope it isn't bothering anyone. As I indicated, I did do due diligence first. I couldn't find anyplace with instructions for v1.10 except that website. I ended up modifying v1.9 instructions to try different methods.fruitoftheloom wrote: Yes pointed that out in first response that the Developers Website is the de-facto place to seek help