steffensq

DPI + I2C signal conflict

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello,

I am using a RPi2 Rev 1.1 and I would like to utilize the DPI interface from the GPIO port to run a basic parallel interface tft lcd module.
The module also includes a touchpanel that uses I2C communication.
It appears that there is a signal conflict between the clock signals for the display, i.e. pclk, hsync, vsync, & den, and both i2c interfaces.
Is it possible to re-map the i2c interface to unused gpio, such as GPIO 26 & 27, through device tree manipulation?
I've managed to change the i2c0_pins to <0x1A 0x1B>, but was unsuccessful in probing my i2c device.
I have attached the DPI color data map for reference. I intend on using configuration number 5. Please note that GPIO 0, 1, 2, & 3 are reserved for the display clock signals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Steffen S.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (14.94 KiB) Viewed 884 times

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: DPI + I2C signal conflict

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Simply, no. That is why all the official blog/forum posts have stated the fact.

There are only certain pins that the I2C buses can be routed to. For I2C-0, those are 0&1, 28&29, and 44&45. For I2C-1 they are 2&3, 44&45.
GPIOs 28&29 are routed to the camera and display connectors. GPIOs 44&45 are not available on the standard Pi (45 is used for the right audio channel, 44 isn't brought out. They are available on the Compute Module).
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”