Zhendos
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Dear RB PI community;

today I've succesfully written RaspBerry Jessie to another Micro SD card.
After the OS started up, on the UI I've nothing more than a trash.

I've tried into the turminal the following lines:

Code: Select all

sudo open wpa_gui
open wpa_gui
open wpa_cli
sudo open wpa_cli

None of the commands let me open the WPA_GUI for my Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions?

metalj
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Wpa_gui is officially gone.
Backspace 28 times :)

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21079
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Zhendos wrote:Dear RB PI community;

today I've succesfully written RaspBerry Jessie to another Micro SD card.
After the OS started up, on the UI I've nothing more than a trash.

I've tried into the turminal the following lines:

Code: Select all

sudo open wpa_gui
open wpa_gui
open wpa_cli
sudo open wpa_cli

None of the commands let me open the WPA_GUI for my Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions?
Do you not have a Task Bar running acrooss the top of the Desktop :?:

Maybe the image is extending outside the size of your screen :?:
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Zhendos
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm

I got a menu bar, but there isn't sometimes as a "Wifi Config" or something.
There should be a command to open such a config?

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21079
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Zhendos wrote:I got a menu bar, but there isn't sometimes as a "Wifi Config" or something.
There should be a command to open such a config?
You stated in original post you only had waste basket...

There is a Network Icon top right (2 screens)
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Zhendos
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Once I click on the 2 desktop icons it opens a textfield with the next String
"No wireless interfaces found"

spl23
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:02 am

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Have you got a supported wi-fi device plugged into the USB port? The message you are seeing indicates that the Pi cannot find any wi-fi hardware, which means you either don't have a dongle plugged in, the dongle is broken, or the dongle doesn't have a compatible driver.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 21079
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: WPA_GUI

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Zhendos wrote:Once I click on the 2 desktop icons it opens a textfield with the next String
"No wireless interfaces found"
Plug in WiFi Adaptor and post output of

Code: Select all

lsusb
Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

Return to “Raspbian”