eltrasimaco

Chromium auth against a microsoft web server

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:55 am

Hi, i'm trying to authenticate in "Basic" mode, the server is a microsoft IS with basic auth enabled, when accesing the web page through Firefox/Chrome it pops up a dialog asking for user/password; when accessing it from Raspi (chromium), it does not pop up and the server throws a "invalid token" error. What can I doabout?
TIA
cheers

r3d4

Re: Chromium auth against a microsoft web server

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 am

eltrasimaco wrote:when accessing it from Raspi (chromium), it does not pop up and the server throws a "invalid token" error. What can I doabout?
Report it
0) to the makers of the web server and
1) makers of the browser
2) hope they care
:|

ktb

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:08 pm

If you're using the chromium from the raspbian repo, then it's very old (version 22, I think). That might be a problem. You might want to try entering the name of the user (http://[email protected]) and see if that pops up a dialog. Try Iceweasel (Firefox).

fruitoftheloom

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:53 pm

eltrasimaco wrote:Hi, i'm trying to authenticate in "Basic" mode, the server is a microsoft IS with basic auth enabled, when accesing the web page through Firefox/Chrome it pops up a dialog asking for user/password; when accessing it from Raspi (chromium), it does not pop up and the server throws a "invalid token" error. What can I doabout?
TIA
cheers
Try a newer Chromium Browser http://blog.valitov.me/2014/06/installi ... m.html?m=1
Retired disgracefully.....

eltrasimaco

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:19 am

OK, i could solve it after several unsuccesfull approaches; the thing is 1) The user must be prepended by its domain or workgroup, and 2) between them you must include a backslash \ but chromium changes it by /, so it must go encoded (%5C); now it's working OK. Thanks for your help, I didn't try newer versions of chrome whatsoever because this dusty one never crashes

Regards

Salmony

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:53 am

eltrasimaco wrote:OK, i could solve it after several unsuccesfull approaches; the thing is 1) The user must be prepended by its domain or workgroup, and 2) between them you must include a backslash \ but chromium changes it by /, so it must go encoded (%5C); now it's working OK. Thanks for your help, I didn't try newer versions of chrome whatsoever because this dusty one never crashes

Regards
I'm struggling with the exact same problem right now.

Could you please spell out the solution? Something like: http://<domain name>%5C<username>:<password>@<server>/<subfolder>

Thanks!

Return to “Raspbian”