qwerty22

PyScripter

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 am

(Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't see anything asking exactly this when I looked)

Hello,

Recently in a computer programming class we have started learning Python. I would like to use my Raspberry Pi to do so, but my teacher says it needs to be more than a Python Shell to work for what were doing in the class. The "regular" way of doing it for this class is using PyScripter on Windows machines. So my question is: Is PyScrpiter available for (or is there a similar program for) the Raspberry Pi? I'm not completely sure what the difference between the shell and PyScripter is, but my teacher says PyScripter (or the like) is necessary. Anyways, thanks for the help!

gkreidl

Re: PyScripter

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 am

Look here: https://wiki.python.org/moin/Integrated ... vironments

or let your teacher have a look at this page.

Seems, that your teacher has to learn something about other operating systems than windows.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

demsley

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:28 pm

So anyway back to the original question - is there a version of PyScripter for the Raspberry Pi?

joan

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:32 pm

demsley wrote:So anyway back to the original question - is there a version of PyScripter for the Raspberry Pi?
Didn't the link answer that question?

kusti8

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:51 pm

To sum it up for the OP, PyScripter is an IDE for Windows, in other words a fancy text editor to make Python scripts and run them. On the Pi, it already comes with something like this, IDLE where you can go to file, and new file. There you can create your Python script.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

mung

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Tell your teacher he is an idiot!

Return to “General discussion”