See this post for some background.
I'm interested in how well the kernel drivers perform relative to the existing userland solutions.
Unfortunately I can't get the kernel driver to work.
- connected a DHT11 to 3V3, ground, and gpio 25.
- upgraded the kernel to 4.0.5 using rpi-update.
- added the line dtoverlay=dht11,gpiopin=25 to /boot/config.txt
- the iio (industrial io) device is created as /dev/iio:device0
- entries dev, in_humidityrelative_input, in_temp_input, name, subsystem, and uevent in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device0/
- lsmod shows dht11 and industrialio
The cat does trigger a reading which appears well formed. I can read the sensor without problem from userland.
Any idea what I need to change to get the kernel driver to work?