raspi

raspi.co.uk domain needs a purpose

Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 am

Before the Raspberry Pi was ever released, I registered the domain name raspi.co.uk. I have never done anything much with this domain since its launch and I am looking for someone or an organisation to do something sensible with it. I simply don't have the time to do it myself.
  • Are you a UK Educational organisation looking for a mouthpiece for what you do?
    Are you a UK Recreational organisation or user group?
    Is there a gap in the information market you think should be filled with this website?
Currently it is a Wordpress site, but consider it a blank canvas, if you programming gurus want to do something clever, fair enough. I am happy to contribute web design and CSS skills.

I currently own the domain name and am paying the hosting fees for the site, but would be happy to negotiate on this.

I would prefer that this domain went to some educational or practical use rather than become a commercial sales site.

Contact me at admin[at]raspi.co.uk or leave a message in this thread if you are interested. Perhaps you don't want the site yourself but have a good idea all the same. Feel free to say, all suggestions welcomed.

Heater

Re: raspi.co.uk domain needs a purpose

Sun May 31, 2015 10:38 am

Cool.

I think it would be great to be able to get subdomains of that for free or at least cheap for use with our raspis. Then we could use host names like mypi.raspi.co.uk
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

raspi

Sun May 31, 2015 6:22 pm

Probably can't do this unless someone takes over the site and hosts it, due to bandwidth issues and costs.

adlambert

Sun May 31, 2015 6:29 pm

There won't be much of a bandwidth problem if the subdomain is configured in DNS to point out to an external hosts IP (the host IP belonging to the user of the subdomain).

raspi

Sun May 31, 2015 7:54 pm

adlambert wrote:There won't be much of a bandwidth problem if the subdomain is configured in DNS to point out to an external hosts IP (the host IP belonging to the user of the subdomain).
I bow to your superior wisdom, I really don't have enough expertise to comment.

Return to “General discussion”