I worked on a project called http://www.recalbox.com for a while now.
It's yet an other system for the Raspberry Pi which support up to 17 emulated systems. The system has been created in order to create a retrogaming console, so it only has controller support, no keyboard in games.
I wanted to create a system easily installable and updatable. You just have to copy distribution unzipped files on a fat32 formatted SD card. Then boot your pi and follow the instructions.
The update entry of the frontend menu update the whole system according to the last version online, keeping your saves, roms and files.
Download on https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... /releases/
Please read the wiki and the manual, you'll find answers to your questions, and more.
UPDATE v3.3.0-beta1 :
- - Added Wonderswan Color libretro emulator
- Added Lutro libretro core (LUA framework)
- Added NeoGeo as a separated system
- Added NeoGeo Pocket Color libretro emulator
- Added Vectrex libretro emulator
- Added Game And Watch libretro emulator
- Added Lynx libretro emulator
- Added PRBoom libretro
- Added SuperGrafx libretro core
- Added NXengine libretro core (cavestory)
- Added Atari 7800 libretro emulator
- Added Tgbdual libretro core
- Patched kernel to support retrobit controllers
- Patched kernel to support xin-mo controllers
- Patched kernel to support 4NES4SNES controllers
- Patched kernel to fix the blinking xbox led. Only on rpi2
- Added gpu_mem for 256mo rpi1
- Unified the branches rpi and rpi2
- Updated buildroot sources
- Added libretro cheats
- Added favorites to emulationstation (from kaptainkia es modifications)
- Added mk_arcade_joystick_rpi with one more button
- Added adafruit-retrogame utility
- Added recalbox-configgen support
- Added sixad driver choice
- Added hostname in recalbox.conf
- Added recalbox-system (recalbox.arch file)
- Changed bash as default shell
- Corrected update system
- Added Miroof's Virtual Gamepads
- Added silent install
- - Added fba emulator switch
- Added snes9x, catsfc, pocketsnes switch
- Added virtualboy platform
- Fixed : buttons on axis in retroarch config
- Added timestamps in logs
- Fixed xboxdrv pacakge
- Bumbep to Kodi-14.2-rc1
- Added clrmame info and dat files for mame and fba
- Added fbalibretro system
- Added italian translation
- - Refactored the boot system
- added /recalbox/share/system/recalbox.conf for fine tuning (see recalbox.conf wiki)
- Support db9 and gamecon drivers from recalbox.conf
- Add wifi config from recalbox.conf
- Add language and keyboard selection from recalbox.conf
- Added xboxdrv binary
- Fixed ntfs support
- Youtube support in Kodi
UPDATE V-3.2.3 :
- Full Kodi package (extensions should work)
- Added game ratio option in system settings
- Added L2 + R2 + second Joystick support in controller configuration
- Added usb mass storage support for kodi
- Added wifi dongle drivers
- Added .z64 support for N64
- Added autoconfig for GPIO controllers
- Corrected mk_arcade_joystick-rpi on RPi2
- Added NTP (timezone in next release)
I need your feedbacks
UPDATE V-3.2.0 :
- - added scummvm (see the wiki https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... mmvm-games)
- added kodi media center (press X in frontend)
- corrected network issue
- added wifi support and wifi configuration in frontend
- added keyboard support when no gamepad
- removed overclock totally from fresh install. Use the overclock setting to pass to extrem (void warranty but awesome result)
- Supports Atari 2600, Atari 7800, NES, Game Boy, Game Boy color, Game Boy Advance, Super Nintendo, Famicom Disk System, Master System, Megadrive (Genesis), Gamegear, Game and Watch, Lynx, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, FBA (subset), iMame4all (subset), PCEngine, Supergrafx, MSX1/2, PSX, Sega Cd, Sega 32X, Sega SG1000, Playstation, ScummVM, Vectrex, VirtualBoy, Wonderswan
- Build with buildroot, so the root file system is only 150MB compressed.
- Rescue system based on NOOBS : reinstall directly from your sd card or get the last version from the web
- Online update
- Network access to rom folder, screenshots, saves
- Controller configuration in the frontend : configure once, play everywhere
- Background frontend music
- PS3, Xbox360, 8BitDo and Bluetooth built-in support (associate a controller and play)
- French, English, Spanish, German, Italian and Portugues, maybe other to come if you participate
- Frontend based on the great EmulationStation2 by Aloshi
- FBA optimized version with 4 player support
- Packaged GPIO drivers, for arcade controls, or original Nes, Snes, Megadrive, PSX controllers, XinMo 2 players
- Favorite feature
- Miroof's Virtual Gamepad support (use your phone as a controller)
French : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... e-%28FR%29
English (very sorry for the translation) : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-%28EN%29
Portugues : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-%28PT%29
Do not hesitate to correct me by commenting.
You can install the recalboxOS on a fat32 formatted sd card. Download recalboxOS.zip from https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... ses/latest and copy all unzipped files to your sd.
Then boot your rpi and install the recalboxOS !
If you wired the ethernet cable, you will see on your network the recalbox sharing roms folder. Copy your unzipped roms in corresponding folders. You can also remove your sd card and add roms directly from your pc sd reader, in the SHARE partition.
Reboot the recalbox.
If you have a ps3 controller, plug it with an usb wire in the recalbox, wait 10 seconds, and unplug. The controller should be detected.
If you want to use an USB controller, plug an usb keyboard, press ENTER, then go to "Configure Inputs", and use S to accept. Use S again to launch the controller configuration, and follow instructions.
Use Q to go back.
You can now navigate in the frontend and play games with your controller.
The recalbox-os is a meta project for documentation and releases :
You have 3 sub projects composing the whole system :
- recalbox-emulationstation :
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... ionstation (branch recalbox-buildroot)
Based on the Aloshi awesome emulationstation 2, the frontend has been a little modified to have ogg bg music, language selection, update support and controller configuration. Thank you for the great work pal. I can't wait to merge your db game branch
- recalbox buildroot :
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-buildroot (branch recalbox)
Based on the rmaz awesome emulator-buildroot, the recalbox system can be build from sources from the above url.
The fact that it is based on buildroot make the system very light and optimized.
I know some of you guys are working on your buildroot system : you may be interested by package/libretro-* packages
- recalbox rescue :
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-rescue (branch recalbox)
Based on the awesome NOOBS from rpi team, the recalbox rescue allows you to easily install recalboxOS and have a rescue partition, just in case
If you wire an ethernet cable, it will check if a new version is available from the net.
BUG REPORT AND ENHANCEMENT
If you find a bug or have a good idea please post an issue on :
If you want to participate in the translation of the frontend, you can download the french translation file, and change all msgstr entry, basing the translation on the english msgid corresponding.
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... tation2.po
Then either you make a pull request with the source and compiled file (msgfmt command linux) or you send me the .po file by email. I'll take care of the integration.
- test other usb controllers brands
- pcsx_rearmed runs very slow, must change compilation script