fossil1999

DDR2 SODIMM connector

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I am making a one-off IO board for the Compute Module, only that I am having trouble trying to source the DDR2 SODIMM connector cheaply.
I live in Ireland, so that needs to be factored in.

RS Compoments charges 27 euro for a single connector, so I will only use them as a last resort.
http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/memory-si ... s/7561000/

Digi-Key has a better price, charging approx 29 euro for 4 connectors, including shipping.
http://www.digikey.ie/product-detail/en ... ND/1619811
I am leaning towards Digi-Key, but I would like to know if there is a cheaper place to source it from...
I don't really want to get it out of a scrap laptop Motherboard, since soldering the connector to my IO board will be hard enough without having to de-solder it(And risking damage to it!)...

And just to make sure, I need a DDR2 SDRAM, SODIMM, 200 pin, Right angle surface mount connector? Are there any other things like contact finishes, thickness, etc that I need to know about?

Thanks

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: DDR2 SODIMM connector

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

fossil1999

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Lol, Thanks. I forgot all about Ebay... That one seller does not ship to Ireland unfortunately, but I'll have a look at the other offers.

Thanks Jamesh! :mrgreen:

(Someone give me a fail slap? :P )

arm2

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 pm

It would be great if RS & Farnell listed all the components used to build Pi's and development kits!
I realise that would not include BCM2835, DDR ram or PCB but offering the LAN9512 etc. and all the connectors, and passives would be extremely useful.

Return to “Compute Module”