rpiswag

Raspberry Pi Altitude

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

I would like to know what is the max altitude of the Raspberry Pi? I would like to do a high altitude balloon project. I am concerned about the capacitors on the Raspberry Pi board. Would the capacitors fail under the increasing stress as the board rises higher?
A computer's power can't be just measured Gigahertz. It is the same thing with us humans.

DougieLawson

Re: Raspberry Pi Altitude

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:32 pm

I want to get a real answer not some unrelated answer not relating to my question!
A computer's power can't be just measured Gigahertz. It is the same thing with us humans.

DougieLawson

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:34 pm

That was just to save posting the same two links again.
If you don't like that then I hope someone else wastes their time trying to help an ungrateful poster.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm sorry I just want someone that could help me find the answer to my question that knows the answer. Could you please tell me if you know.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:41 pm

I thought your post about Gaffer tape was you answer and I apologize. Thank you for trying to help me.

Ravenous

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

There have been a few balloon projects on the forum and on the blog, maybe this will help:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/?s=balloon
in short the raspi does seem to work for ballooning, at least for these short flights. Hope this helps.

daveake

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 pm

The Pi works well for high altitude balloon flights. I've flown the Pi about 17 times (I think - I'm starting to lose count), at up to 41km, and have yet to see a component failure of any sort.

Your main concern should be to limit power consumption, rather than worry about electrolytics.

Return to “General discussion”