Gordon Sim

Re: THE new WAR against Open Source and Privacy ?.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm

All of us users should be aware of this item !.

ACTA ( Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement ).

I would ask all users to be aware and lobby your MP/MEP on this item, not to sign up to this repressive trade agreement.

Check out this site to get the full information:-

http://www.laquadrature.net/wi.....ainst_ACTA

For all who download and exchange info this is item is likely to infringe all our rights to privacy and exchange of information.

At the present moment ACTA is going through EU ratification.
Many countries have signed up to this BUT it requires MEP's to pass this item.
This is a back door attempt at restrictive practices and has been carried out in secret with little open debate.
I strongly urge all of us contact our MEP/MP's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear citizen and friend,

You subscribed to notoacta at laquadrature.net to be kept informed about ACTA's
progress in the European Parliament and when and how to act against it.

As you may have noticed, the campaign to defeat ACTA has indeed begun, and with
a tremendous energy. This list however is only for announcements.

As many of us feel the need to discuss ACTA, the best ways to act against it,
and share our ideas about it, we have opened a discussion list,
acta at laquadrature.net, which we invite you to join today on the following link:

https://www.laquadrature.net/cgi-bin/ma ... tinfo/acta
(This list's main language will be English.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rgds Gordon.

Gert van Loo

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:54 am

I wish the politician would spend as much time on finding and punishing the creators of Viruses and Phising.

I, as many of millions of other computer users, have never been the victim of anything which falls under, or even comes near to, all these ACTA, SOPA, PIPA laws. But we are under daily thread of our computer dying because some punk thinks he should show how 'clever' he is, or some thief which wants to steal credit card/bank details.

If you talk about 'international laws' why don't we set up international laws which follows those crooks and convicts them no matter which country they are in.

S0litaire

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 pm

How about this little jem from the FBI

http://www.socialphy.com/posts.....error.html

According to this flyer, which the FBI and the Department of Justice are distributing to various businesses, people in coffee shops or Internet Cafes should be considered "suspicious" if they exhibit some of the following "potential indicators of terrorist activities:"

• Are overly concerned about privacy, attempts to shield the screen from view of others
• Always pay cash
• Evidence of a residential based internet provider (signs on to Comcast, AOL, etc.)
• Use of anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address
• Communicating through a PC game
• Obtain maps or diagrams of transportation
• Download or transfer files with "how-to" content such as information about electronics
--
Laters

Bill "Solitaire" C

Anáil nathrach, ortha bhas betha, do cheol déanta

zardoz99

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

OMG.. We have a new AQ cell in town then.

They manufacture laptop privacy screens which OBVIOUSLY can only be of any use to a terrorist…

http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/.....cyFilters/

Someone alert the FBI quickly….

(sotto voce – "Morons..")

More of the same.. The complete set? https://publicintelligence.net/fbi-susp ... ng-flyers/

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 pm

S0litaire said:

How about this little jem from the FBI

http://www.socialphy.com/posts.....error.html

According to this flyer, which the FBI and the Department of Justice are distributing to various businesses, people in coffee shops or Internet Cafes should be considered "suspicious" if they exhibit some of the following "potential indicators of terrorist activities:"

• Are overly concerned about privacy, attempts to shield the screen from view of others
• Always pay cash
• Evidence of a residential based internet provider (signs on to Comcast, AOL, etc.)
• Use of anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address
• Communicating through a PC game
• Obtain maps or diagrams of transportation
• Download or transfer files with "how-to" content such as information about electronics

That's pretty impressive - I do at least 3 of those things without even thinking about it.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

lokioflol

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm

First and formost! were all in this together, so keep in mind that there are ignorant ppl out there with good intentions...some dumb....very dumb...but interested in fighting ACTA. Given this; can someone (not me) create a simplified printable letter/petition to send to MP's/Mep's that can be named signed and forwarded via email and postable letter. Many dont actually understand the sly depths that the ACTA will go so just explain that you wont be able to download torrents/OSinfo and to those very very ignorant...no more free films

I myself have petitioned but to no avail....also if torrent sites all adopted this printable letter/form on their home page then i can garauntee there will be a massive increase in the amount of subscribers present....thanks loki of league of legends.....

by the way if you met me in the street you'd probably think i was going to rob you....so you'd be suprised how many people are against it.

Alchemy

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Some day a badly written law will get passed. Because a majority of people opposing these laws don't want download anti-piracy laws.

I'm very worried about the generic drugs removal, and some issues of allowed software patenting by the USA affecting Linux. But the voice of reason won't be heard when the pirates come with you. The results is this stupid law could pass.

reiuyi

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 pm

PRIVACY

It's a crime

Return to “Off topic discussion”