Been lurking a while and finally hope to make a leap to a RBP sometime this year if what I want to do is possible.
As a bit of an radar/enthusiast I want to monitor planes using ADS-B. Currently use a DVT-T UBS dongle on my laptop with RTL1090 and either Basestation (very fiddly to set up and use) or adsbScope.
I am not the best at electronics, wiring etc.
So now the questions:
- How easy would it be to connect a 7 inch Car reversing monitor to view the RBP?
- How can I power said monitor as it is portable and I will not be near a power source?
- I want to use it with the dongle and possibly a wireless mouse and keyboard. What sort of USB hub would be best?
- What wold be the best way to power the RBP, the Monitor for about 6 - 8 hours at a time?
- I understand I will need to download Dump1090. Is this a file or just code? (https://github.com/antirez/dump1090)
- To view the actual planes graphically I use adsbScope which is a windows program, could this be run on a RBP ?
- If not can anyone suggest how to graphically view and log planes picked up by the Dongle?