CommanderROR

Re: SqueezePlug Version 7 available

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 pm

No, just one.

Assemblerguru

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi !

Can someone tell me, if the spotify plugin (TRIODE) does work with ODROID LMS setup ? This is very important for me...

Thank you !

truehl

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:59 am

Assemblerguru wrote:Hi !

Can someone tell me, if the spotify plugin (TRIODE) does work with ODROID LMS setup ? This is very important for me...

Thank you !
For me it works, but only with a premium account. I heard from an other user that it won't run from him on Odroid, but I can't reproduce that!

Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

JRatron

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 pm

HI all,
do I have to do anything special to get the IQaudio I2S DAC working with Squeezelite in Squeezeplug?
I've got the latest 7.0.9 version, I've been through the setup and installed LMS and squeezelite and selected to install the IQaudio drivers, but I don't get a player listed in LMS.

in the setup menu, if I go to Server and Player > Player > Audio Settings > Audio Devices: I don't get any devices shown :(
I'm sure the extra header is soldered nicely and I can see the LED on the IQaudio dac lit up.
Is there a step I have missed?
Or something I can do to diagnose this?
thanks,
James

JRatron

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm

just a quick note to say I have this sorted now. I ran:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
and
sudo rpi-update
and now it sees the card and sounds beautiful :)

meridien

Sun May 11, 2014 7:46 am

Hi, My config is a pi with the Hifiberry card - have installed Squeezelite and Shairport. Squeezelite output works fine but Im not able to get Shairport working. The Shairport SSID appears briefly on devices on the same network and then disappears.

If I delete squeezelite and have only Shairport installed it works fine. Can someone help with specific settings to have both Squeezelite and Shairport running at the same time. Seems like some setting to be able to share the audio output.

My etc/asound.conf file is "pcm.!default front:sndrpihifiberry"

Thanks in advance!

abishur

Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm

I was checking out the squeezeplug because I like the idea of a multiroom speaker system, and I always see talk about DAC this and DAC that, but is it possible to just use the headphone jack? I know the quality will be slightly lower, but it's good enough for what I'm looking for provided it works.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Paul Webster

Mon May 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Yes - the analogue output via the onboard socket works.

TheD6Bel

Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 am

Hello i have a small problem,

i can't mount my nas on samba or nfs (nfs i'm not sure if is work but for samba i use this to connection on my W7 and work fine)

i begin to lunch setup and configure samba ==> don't work
i try to modify fstab ==> don't work
i try also autofs, i'm not sure of result but ==> don't work

My nas have 192.168.1.6
user and pass users
folder /Music (for have acces on my W7: \\192.168.1.8/Music and W7 ask me user and pass)

on fstab i have :
//192.168.1.8/Music /mnt/samba/ cifs username=users,password=users,sec=ntlm
i tryed also:
//192.168.1.8/Music /mnt/samba/ cifs username=users,password=users,sec=ntlmv2

when a lunch on root: mount -a
i have:
mount error(115): Operation now in progress
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

and don't work :evil: :x

If you have a solution, THANK'S

mantekka

Sat May 17, 2014 10:31 am

TheD6Bel wrote: My nas have 192.168.1.6
user and pass users
folder /Music (for have acces on my W7: \\192.168.1.8/Music and W7 ask me user and pass)

on fstab i have :
//192.168.1.8/Music /mnt/samba/ cifs username=users,password=users,sec=ntlm
i tryed also:
//192.168.1.8/Music /mnt/samba/ cifs username=users,password=users,sec=ntlmv2
I tried a lot of different commands to get mine mounted and this finally worked. I've added your settings.

Code: Select all

mount -w -t cifs -o username=users,password=users,_netdev,sec=ntlm //192.168.1.6/Music/ /mnt/samba
Also I notice your NAS IP ends with 6 but in your commands it ends with 8. Presume this is a typo?

unlight

Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

any Wolfson Pi Users out there?
I have a strange problem with the card:
My Pis do a reboot every morning and almost every time they work great, but sometimes the soundcard on one of the Pis doesnt seem to work correct. The Squeezelite Name of the Pi shows up in my LMS and I can start to play music but theres no output on this specific Pi. The other Pis stop every 30 seconds and if as they cant sync. If I run "setup" and set lineout as output or reboot it works again. Is there a way to run a script that sets lineout as default on startup just to be on the safe side?
BTW, I set the wolfson as default in asound.conf; didn´t help.

EDIT: Figured out the menu just runs the Playback_to_Lineout.sh. I now run the script evertime the Pi boots automatically. Hope this helps!

Unlight

TheD6Bel

Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 pm

mantekka wrote: I tried a lot of different commands to get mine mounted and this finally worked. I've added your settings.

mount -w -t cifs -o username=users,password=users,_netdev,sec=ntlm //192.168.1.6/Music/ /mnt/samba
Also I notice your NAS IP ends with 6 but in your commands it ends with 8. Presume this is a typo?
thank's i go try tomorow ;)

for ip is my mistake, nas ip is 192.168.1.8 ;)

fuzzweed

Sun May 18, 2014 8:32 am

Hi, is it possible to make a wireless Bluetooth squeeze box with this hardware / software? i.e. wireless dongle to attach to network LMS and then Bluetooth dongle to connect to a Bluetooth speaker (A2DP profile) so I don't need a Pi soundcard.

alzy

Sun May 18, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,

I have SqueezePlug v7.09 installed on my Pi and I am having 2 issues:

1. Minidlna install aborts because of an apparent repository issue. Can't find a particular lib... file

2. I can install squeezelite but it doesn't seem to be starting as it is not seen by LMS nor by my Iphone app while my other players on my network are. LMS seems to be streaming music to other players well.

Thanks for any help.

castalla

Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

fuzzweed wrote:Hi, is it possible to make a wireless Bluetooth squeeze box with this hardware / software? i.e. wireless dongle to attach to network LMS and then Bluetooth dongle to connect to a Bluetooth speaker (A2DP profile) so I don't need a Pi soundcard.
Yes .... but it's a pain to get working.

See: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 17#p255217

billm555

Wed May 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Might have a look at:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... NAS-mounts

Eventually got my NAS mounted with a lot of help from castalla.

Bill
TheD6Bel wrote:
mantekka wrote: I tried a lot of different commands to get mine mounted and this finally worked. I've added your settings.

thank's i go try tomorow ;)

for ip is my mistake, nas ip is 192.168.1.8 ;)

TheD6Bel

Wed May 21, 2014 6:17 pm

billm555 wrote:Might have a look at:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... NAS-mounts
Eventually got my NAS mounted with a lot of help from castalla.
Bill
Thanks for the link ;) i need try it ;)

alzy

Wed May 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi,

I have SqueezePlug v7.09 installed on my Pi and I am having 2 issues:

1. Minidlna install aborts because of an apparent repository issue. Can't find a particular lib... file

2. I can install squeezelite but it doesn't seem to be starting as it is not seen by LMS nor by my Iphone app while my other players on my network are. LMS seems to be streaming music to other players well.

Thanks for any help.

sophiewcy1991

Mon May 26, 2014 10:16 am

I see you write these I know a lot of things, thank you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

coque galaxy s4

flyinghappy

Sat May 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Been running this for a while on 2 raspberry pi's and it has been working great. Recently I purchased a spotify premium account and it works great with one pi playing, but if I sync 2 pi's it only makes it 20-30 seconds into the song and then stalls out. I have tried changing the streaming quality from the highest to the lowest quality and it makes no difference, also tried the stream from helper app thing and it doesn't seem to matter. I have the edimax wifi-dongles that are recommended for the pi and I know my router can handle the streaming as it can stream 1080p movies from my server to my TV just fine. Anybody else have any experience with this?
Pi with ArchLinux running a minidlna/samba home server

Paperboy

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 am

Hi there,

Firstly a massive thanks for devping this program it's very awesome.

Its running no problems at all - i'm running out of the 3.5mm jack to my old pioneer amp.

However... I bought one of the usb sound cards from modmypi... and followed the instructions on adfruit on editing the ALSA config (i think it;s called) basically i unhashed theUSB-SND line and chnaged it from -2 to 0 as outlined in the intructions here... https://learn.adafruit.com/usb-audio-ca ... lsa-config

And no sound :(

Squeezeplug is detectting it... well under the "audio" setings in setup it can kindve see it but won't let me select anything.. It's basically being detected as C-Electronics media USB or something similar.
My gut instinct is that i need to be altering perhaps another line in the alsa config? - any suggestions?

Many thanks for a great program... need ot get on with dontaing to you very soon!!

tree dweller

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 am

I have squeezeplug installed on my rev B pi with my music on an sd card using on board sound . It works well (Web interface is slow). However after aprox 24 hours of up time a very loud buzz overwhelms the music. Rebooting solves the problem but I hope to find a more elegant solution. Can anyone help?

Pete6

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:34 pm

I know this question has come up several times in this very thread. I have read every page of this thread searching for a solution and I have looked at several Debain manual an help pages prior to posting. I am therefore sure that I am doing something very stupid.

I have a WDMyCloud which has all my music on it. I am running squeexeplug 7.09 on a Raspberry Pi B. I have two Logitech BoomBixes and two Squeezebox Radios. All these work perfectly. I can access WDMyCloud fro all three of my Windows 8.1 PCs and Pandora works perfectly on all the Squuezeboxes.

What I cannot do is to make squeezeplug set its media library to the WDMyCloud. I gave tried using both NFS and Samba. I have tried using both squeezeplug setup and my manually editing /etc/fstab. The problem is obviously me so please would some kind soul give me the exact correct syntax to make this work please.

In /etc/fstab I have:
192/168/1/20:/DataVolume/shares/Public /mnt/nfs nfs defaults 0 0

My music is in DataVolume/shares/Public/Shared Music on the WDMyCloud which is IP 192.168.1.20. I really do not care is I use NFS or Samba. I would just like it to work. Right now I have a 16Gb USB stick with a few tracks as my media library as a temporary solution.

Thanks in advance for your help
My favorite programming language is a soldering iron.

mantekka

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Firstly, I presume in your fstab line the slashes in the IP address is just a typo in the post?
192/168/1/20:/DataVolume/shares/Public /mnt/nfs nfs defaults 0 0
For samba/cifs I've successfully used:

mount -w -t cifs -o username=myusername,password=mypassword,_netdev,sec=ntlm //192.168.0.10/Volume_1/ /mnt/mynas
for nfs (with your details):

mount -t nfs 192.168.0.20:/DataVolume/shares/Public /mnt/nfs
Trying running them manually from command line first and see if either works.

Pete6

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did type the IP address with / and not .. Silly me.

The nfs command line you gave me worked except that the WDMyCloud gave me

access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.20:?DataVolume/shares/Public
Using the cifs command also gave me an error saying

Retrying with upper case share name
mount error(6): No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Now I have the correct command for nfs (thank you). I need to find why the WDMyCloud won't let me in from the pi and will allow access from Windows. If you have any ideas, I would be happy to hear them.

Thanks again.
My favorite programming language is a soldering iron.

Return to “Media centres”