scarrabri

Raspbmc no wifi

Thu May 08, 2014 9:13 am

Hi I cant for the life of me set wifi up on the raspbmc os in yet I must have done it millions of times on other OS and it is not that difficult .I am using a powered hub a recommended Edimax 150Mbps usb adapter and my router name shows up in the Network chart ,I left the Ethernet cable plugged in and working ,then set for wireless ,made sure routers name was on show and clicked on it and that the pass phase was present and correct ,turned the pi off and restarted it and nothing lol which is the story of my life :D when I say nothing ,I mean it rebooted but not in to wifi just the os,any ideas please very best wishes Brian/ :) :)

DougieLawson

Re: Raspbmc no wifi

Thu May 08, 2014 9:35 am

XBMC has a GUI that allows you to choose the SSID (network id) and enter the password. It's just a case of driving round the menus to find that stuff.

http://thepihut.com/pages/how-to-setup- ... nelec-xbmc
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

scarrabri

Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 am

DougieLawson wrote:XBMC has a GUI that allows you to choose the SSID (network id) and enter the password. It's just a case of driving round the menus to find that stuff.

http://thepihut.com/pages/how-to-setup- ... nelec-xbmc
Hi Dougie did what you said and it worked straight away and has youtube working excellent ,so every thing inside of the Raspbmc is real good ,the only thing I could not use on wifi was the browser it had a go at connecting and a error meaasge came up saying it was already running ,but I was also reading the owner of the browser was on about getting it running on wifi so maybe it wont connect on wifi yet so I was wondering if there is any thing else to use that was easy to install that would give me a browser that may work ,thanks and best wishes Brian :) :) :)

DougieLawson

Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 am

I really don't know. In all the time I've had my Raspberry Pis they've run XBMC for no longer than an hour. GOOGLE is the way to find out. All things being equal, Windows is the way to browse the internet as the RPi isn't much good at doing that (lack of memory, lack of CPU grunt).
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Return to “Troubleshooting”