stuartlea

Re: Finally good news from Farnell (UK)! Mid April!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm

http://imgur.com/lvu88

I'll believe it when I see it!

pandapi

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 pm

so are you in the first batch?

I'm not in the first batch but last i heard my date was the 16th april. Should i expect mine pushed back or have the first batches just got a lot closer to the subsequent batches due to the 'hiccup'?

Tass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 pm

That certainly is good news!

Just out of curiosity, when did you manage to get your order in?

linker3000

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I got my order in to Farnell at 7.02am, and have the original confirmation with an estimated delivery date of w/c 12 March, but I've not had any follow up email like Stuart's yet

n3tw0rk5

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Bah humbug, no email from them.

killor

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:44 pm

I hope soon that we receive your RPI.

Only I pray to all that when you receive your RPI, publish measures to make a case ...
Thanks...
We have a discount for purchases made in ETSY site :o
Discount Codes :MAYTHE4TH :!:

Morgaine

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm

If "mid April" delivery corresponds to first batch, then things are more screwed up than we believed.

The original batch was leaving China in the last few days of February, and the official launch on the 29th was supposedly done with the boards in transit.

Then we learned about the RJ45 socket problem and that the boards had not actually left China on schedule because of that, and the Foundation said that replacing the components was expected to add 4 days to deliveries.  This doesn't transform "early March" into "mid April" in any shape or form.

Either Stuart's received quote of "mid April" refers to the 2nd batch, or something is badly awry.

The Foundation knows the exact timings, give or take a few days of variation once units are received by Farnell and RS, because they placed the order for the first 10,000 units themselves.

I'm a bit puzzled why we're being kept in the dark about this, so people like Stuart don't even know whether their quotes are for 1st batch or 2nd batch.
Intolerance is a failure of education. Education is predicated on tolerance of the uneducated.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Eben and Liz are on a well deserved holiday. Hence lack of updates. No intentional keeping people 'in the dark'.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Grumpy_Git

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 pm

"Then we learned about the RJ45 socket problem and that the boards had not actually left China on schedule because of that, and the Foundation said that replacing the components was expected to add 4 days to deliveries.  This doesn't transform "early March" into "mid April" in any shape or form."

Reading previous posts, the boards WERE delivered, the foundation tested them, found the problem and sent them back to China.

So they have been in the UK once already, were freighted back to China to have changes made individually by hand, and then re-freighted to the UK.

I can believe that this translates as a six week turnaround.

YMMV

Nick

Tass

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Grumpy_Git said:

"Then we learned about the RJ45 socket problem and that the boards had not actually left China on schedule because of that, and the Foundation said that replacing the components was expected to add 4 days to deliveries.  This doesn't transform "early March" into "mid April" in any shape or form."

Reading previous posts, the boards WERE delivered, the foundation tested them, found the problem and sent them back to China.

So they have been in the UK once already, were freighted back to China to have changes made individually by hand, and then re-freighted to the UK.

I can believe that this translates as a six week turnaround.

YMMV

Nick

Also keeping in mind customs, etc., and the additional testing I'm sure the Foundation would like to do this time round to make sure they're ok.  Then they have to ship them to RS/Farnell, who have their own processing to do.  Mid-April sounds pretty good all things considered.

Scottland89

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:00 pm

n3tw0rk5 said:

Bah humbug, no email from them.

I'm in a similar boat as you but I had called Fanell to see if I could go for a "It's late, what's the new eta" angle and was assured I would also be in the first batch and the delay was over the jack issue. Wasn't given a new eta incase the guy told me next week and I didn't get it then, but he did comment I was one of the early buyers so that to me translated into a first batch buyer. Not had anything frm Farnell since my eta was sent.

Return to “Off topic discussion”