KitchUK wrote:Will there be a way to hide titles in a future update?
It's not planned at the moment. Maybe
some sort of system-specific file blacklist at some point, but don't count on it (especially not any time soon).
cacophony555 wrote:Is the unstable branch actually unstable?
It's unstable in quite a few ways:
1. Some time ago I started developing ES primarily on my desktop PC, which runs Windows, so changes are checked in with no Linux/gcc or RPi testing. This means that there are times where it just doesn't work on Linux (for example, I spent an hour fighting with differences between gcc and msvc with templates this morning).
2. Things are currently not very intuitive. As it is now, most of the new features are kind of hidden (e.g. "press F3 for the metadata editor!" is mentioned nowhere). A lot of changes to address this have been worked out, but it will take time to implement them.
3. Up until now, big things have often been changing without warning (the theming system has been completely rewritten twice, the general interface hierarchy has changed multiple times, etc.).
4. No publicly available themes exist yet for the new format, so everything looks pretty bad.
5. The es_systems.cfg format has changed to be XML, so old configs don't work.
But like I mentioned before, there's a pretty clear end goal in mind now, so things should be starting to calm down soon-ish.
Jessie wrote:Also thanks for continuing work on ES. Your hard work is appreciated.