adih2001

NOOBS recovery mode problem

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:14 am

Hello i have a raspberry pi with a sd card that has preinstalled noobs!
And i did install raspbian. But now i wanna reinstall the raspbian.
I type in command line

Code: Select all

sudo reboot
after that it rebots then when it says: hold shift key to go to recovery mode i hold it but it dosen't go to recovery mode! Plz i need help :(

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: NOOBS recovery mode problem

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 pm

adih2001 wrote:Hello i have a raspberry pi with a sd card that has preinstalled noobs!
I type in command line

sudo reboot
after that it rebots then when it says: hold shift key to go to recovery mode i hold it but it dosen't go to recovery mode! Plz i need help :(
Try "toggling" rather than just "holding down" the 'Shift' key - this sometimes works better esp. if the keyboard's wireless. It's also been suggested that, for some keyboards, 'Left Shift' may work better than 'Right Shift' (or vice-versa).
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, and a A+) but Buster on the P4B's. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

adih2001

Re: NOOBS recovery mode problem

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:24 am

FTrevorGowen wrote:
adih2001 wrote:Hello i have a raspberry pi with a sd card that has preinstalled noobs!
I type in command line

sudo reboot
Try "toggling" rather than just "holding down" the 'Shift' key - this sometimes works better esp. if the keyboard's wireless. It's also been suggested that, for some keyboards, 'Left Shift' may work better than 'Right Shift' (or vice-versa).
Trev.
I look on youtube an some ppl said to press up and shift key in same time.
I still need a video
I try any conbination and its still not working

Return to “Troubleshooting”