JJD

Re: *Facepalm* Amazing.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, maybe not. I was going to hold my tongue and keep my opinion to myself. However, what I've read time and time again has prompted me to post the following:

Get over it. Stop bitching and moaning. Acknowledge and move on. Much worse can happen in life. Believe me, I know. "I've been there, done that." (I will not elaborate).

I didn't get to order a RPi on launch and it's okay. As a matter of fact, I just received an e-mail from one of the vendors stating I'm finally on the list. No firm date(s), pricing, and so forth were mentioned. Alright, that's fine. I am patient. I'll get one when I get one.
Until then, I'll live life and learn much from those who post great information here on the forum. To those who do, a huge thank you!

spamel

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah, cheers for that Dad!

amiga65

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:51 pm

+1

oninoshiko

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

JJD said:

Well, maybe not. I was going to hold my tongue and keep my opinion to myself. However, what I've read time and time again has prompted me to post the following:

Get over it. Stop bitching and moaning. Acknowledge and move on. Much worse can happen in life. Believe me, I know. "I've been there, done that." (I will not elaborate).

Mostly stopped by to post this same message. We all knew (or should have known) getting one in the first 10k was unlikely.  What we didn't know what that we would be getting a world-wide distrobution network which can build them on the order of hundreads of thousands. For the 90% of us that didn't get the first batch, this is a complete win.

I didn't get to order a RPi on launch and it's okay. As a matter of fact, I just received an e-mail from one of the vendors stating I'm finally on the list. No firm date(s), pricing, and so forth were mentioned. Alright, that's fine. I am patient. I'll get one when I get one.
Until then, I'll live life and learn much from those who post great information here on the forum. To those who do, a huge thank you!

With all the flames Liz and Eban were getting, I'm sure it's good to know some of us understand.

Liz, Eban, Raspi Team: Welcome back. You did a good job, and should be proud of the accomplishment. Even with the issues RS and Farrell were/are having, going with them was ABSOLUTELY the right choice. This issues will get sorted, and production and distrobution will be handled. Those who are whining about the present difficulties are doing it because they like to complain. They are not worth your time to even respond to.

To the whiners: Grow up. You knew (or should have known) many of us wouldn't get one of the first batch. It's not fair, but life's not fair. If not getting a Raspi is the worst thing that happens to me this month, I'll consider myself lucky.

PhilS

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Liz, Eben, Raspi Team: Welcome back. You did a good job, and should be proud of the accomplishment.

*Fantastic job.

hippy

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 am

oninoshiko said:

Those who are whining about the present difficulties are doing it because they like to complain. They are not worth your time to even respond to.

To the whiners: Grow up.

Sorry; but that attitude does nothing to help the situation and may do a lot to inflame it.

Some people feel they have reasonable and legitimate grounds to vent or complain as much as you and others have every right to praise the Foundation. They are entitled to hold their opinion as much as you are entitled yours. Some here have spoken out, others have held their tongue.

Please; let's stop judging, attacking or insulting others who hold a different view.

abishur

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:43 am

While I certainly agree with the general sentiment of the OP that there are some people out there who need a large doss of patience, I also agree with hippy that it's presented in a rather inflaming manner so respectfully, I'm closing this thread as I don't see it going in a good direction if it stays open.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “General discussion”