Deedee

Re: How many Rpi's on order?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 am

Hi Liz and crew,

Many thanks for all the effort and personal capital you have invested in this and what a heck of a sale... worse than when my granny fought for the last pair of nylons on an american airbase....

I understand there may be reasons why you cannot give out this information, but would it be possible to tell us how many units have been placed on order and if possible, how many orders are still being placed per day?

I ask from curiocity but also because there may be some insperation in this information to drive us on in developing ideas that will encourage otheres to eat a healthy slice of pi rather than staring through a load of windows at an overpriced big mac!

10+ 6..... where is the calculator thingy applictor....

Michael

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 am

Newark US reported that they had over 12k orders on backlog before the end of the first day.  Liz has stated that on Wednesday the two distributors placed initial orders totalling around 100k.  She has also stated that the total backlog between the two distributors is now considerably more than 100k so presumably they'll be placing further orders in the near future.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/arc.....3#comments

abishur

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:37 am

How can RS even have a backlog when they haven't even begun to sell the board?  If they're talking about people who have expressed an interest in the board then I must confess that three of those "back orders" are mine.  Once on the UK site, another on the export site, and third when the US site finally got its act together an made a page for it!
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Skygod

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:44 am

Abishur said:

... three of those "back orders" are mine.  

RS UK have two 'registers' from me. RS Thailand has one. Farnell Thailand has one. Farnell Singapore has one. - How many Model Bs that I have 'registered an interest' to buy will i actually buy? NONE! I'm waiting for the Model A

steviewevie

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 am

Indeed, RS might get a nasty suprise when they start accepting orders, given that Farnell have been accepting orders from the start. I registered my interest on RS, but I actually ordered one from Farnell (though not from the first batch). They must have a lot of other expressions of interest that won't turn into firm orders.

Though I guess I might end up buying another one to send to my son

Paul Webster

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:11 pm

I went the same route ... registered interest on RS within first few minutes and continued to dig around for more ... with no luck.
By then Farnell was down ... but eventually ordered on Farnell and have 23/4 as projected delivery date - and still not had any email from RS.

Return to “General discussion”