Got my second RPI in the mail and wanted to fire it up using a backup image from my first RPI.
So far no luck. RPI#2 give solid red LED and nothing happens.
I got the RPI#2 from Amazon with new power supply and 8GB bank SD card
(following a recommended combo package on Amazon)
This is what I did.
1. Create backup from RPI#1 SD card following the usual instructions.
http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/blog/201 ... i-sd-card/
2. Write image on new SD card (same size 8GB)
3. Mount new SD card on linux box and check file system. Looks OK. Also edit static IP address.
4. unmount card assemble RPI#2 fire it up and nothing happens. Red LED solid.
Some debugs I've done so far.
1. Pull SD card from RPI#1 and insert into RPI#2. Red LED solid.
2. Run RPI#2 on power supply of RPI#1 and on network connector of RPI#1. Red LED solid.
3. Insert SD card #2 into RPI#1. Boots fine with new static IP address.
I run the RPI headless. No mouse no keyboard no TV. Is there a need to do some initialization (with keyboard,mouse.screen) the first time the RPI#2 is fired up? Even with the SD card imaged from #1?
Note RPI#1 is model B-256MB, RPI#2 is model B-512MB.