jayseus

Help to setup USB joystick on Raspberry Pi

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi

I am a complete noob when it comes to the raspberry pi but I wanted to build myself a Picade so I purchased this from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:AU:1123

I put it all together but it does not show up when i run

ls /dev/input

all i get is event0 event1 mouse0 mouse

is there any thing need to install or run to get the joystick registered on the Pi.

So far I am running it on a powered USB hub with PiMAMe as the OS system can any one please help.

Thanks

jayseus

Re: Help to setup USB joystick on Raspberry Pi

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:46 am

Ok so after a bit of fiddling around I finally got it to show up in ls /dev/input found out it was my usb hub the power to it was shot had to get a new one.

Now I that it shows up, however when I run the jstest it keeps telling me that no such device.

can anyone please help.

Thanks
J

welshy

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:59 am

jayseus
Obvious question, have you installed any Joystick/Joypad Drivers?
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

jayseus

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi welshy

Thanks for the reply, the only one I could find reading the forms was the sudo apt-get install joystick one I did that but nothing changed is there another driver I need. I found out the controller is a xin-mo dual arcade usb one if that helps any.

Thanks
J

welshy

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Ok, looks like you have downloaded the 'default' Linux joystick drivers, they may need specific drivers, see if the instructions detail the 'Linux Drivers' required. Now you have to calibrate and test them by running these two commands -

jscal /dev/input/js0 (Calibrate the Joystick)
jstest /dev/input/js0 (Test the Joystick)

If you get no joy its actually cing js0 (The Joystick) in the inputs, run PiMAME4ALL or AdvMAME (If nothing happens change the joystick settings in advmame.rc from 'auto' to 'raw') in PiMAME, it may well work!
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Return to “Gaming”