rpix86 version 0.08 released!
This version contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed text mode cursor handling that sometimes left extra cursor images.
- Increased mouse cursor movement speed by 4x.
- Added a JPO opcode special handling for NHL '94.
- Added special REP STOSB STD Mode-X version for NHL '94.
- Fixed resetting the active screen page at graphics mode change.
- Fixed text mode palette problem (black screen) in QBASIC.EXE.
- Fixed a key translation table problem with Caps+Shift+Q,W,E,R and T keys.
- Implemented UK keyboard hash key mapping when running under X Window.
- Improved AdLib timer precission for better AdLib detection behaviour.
You can download the latest version from the Raspberry Pi store or directly from http://rpix86.patrickaalto.com/rdown.html
(be sure to read my blog post about the changes in this version at http://rpix86.patrickaalto.com/rblog.html
Thank you for your interest in rpix86, let me know of any bugs you encounter!
I tested the Commander Keen 7 and NHL '94 games and their audio problems. Commander Keen should now allow you to select AdLib audio, but no SB audio. I don't get SB audio option in DOSBox either, when using SB 2.0 emulation (as in rpix86).
NHL '94 should work with AdLib audio now, although you might need to start it a couple times before it starts up properly. I will continue working on the SB audio problems and investigating why it drops to DOS quite often.
I also checked Alleycat and noticed that the sounds are indeed somehow weird, but didn't have time to look into it more thoroughly.