maccullagh

CurrentCost ENVIR

Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi, new member here.
I have a PI and a currentcost envir energy logging system. I come from a windows background and do not know how to spell Linux.
Is there a complete program for the PI that will enable me to log the output of the envir (free or paid) that I can obtain to put this system into service.

Every thing that I see is so fragmented that I am unable to utilise with my experience. I intend to rectify this when I retire next year but need to get this up and running before then.

Any help appreciated.

Rick

EggOnTop

Re: CurrentCost ENVIR

Sun May 05, 2013 11:37 am

Can't help with a turnkey solution but have you checked out the openenergymonitor.org system? It will still take a bit of work to configure but I think some have had luck using this with a Current Cost device.

maccullagh

Mon May 06, 2013 8:03 am

Thanks for the suggestion, worth a look.
I will need to put this on hold until I can get some time to learn the programing of the PI.
This will be in a couple of months time. Plenty of info out there but I am not skilled up enough to tie it all together at this time. This will learn me to poke fun at the Linux guys at work and avoid it at all cost....
Wonder if I could bribe them with a cup of coffee....

maccullagh

Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 am

Hi, Further to my reply, I now find that one of my work mates is importing the EmonTx and interfacing it with the Pi.

This will give me some pointers. Unfortunately I will be travelling to Europe next month and have to put the project on hold until I return but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Burngate

Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am

maccullagh wrote:... Unfortunately I will be travelling to Europe next month ...
Beware! Europe is barely civilised - Most don't speak good English, and those that do can't spell. They put u's in odd places and spell tire with a y - unless they write pneu.

And there's even one country that drives on the wrong side of the road!

Even Starbucks is not available in many smaller towns, and McD can be difficult to find. They've given up cannibalism, by and large, but sometimes they eat horses

gkreidl

Tue May 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Burngate wrote:
maccullagh wrote:... Unfortunately I will be travelling to Europe next month ...
Beware! Europe is barely civilised - Most don't speak good English, and those that do can't spell. They put u's in odd places and spell tire with a y - unless they write pneu.

And there's even one country that drives on the wrong side of the road!

Even Starbucks is not available in many smaller towns, and McD can be difficult to find. They've given up cannibalism, by and large, but sometimes they eat horses
Yes, and they don't even believe, that public health insurance is communism!
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

maccullagh

Wed May 08, 2013 11:52 am

I meant that unfortunately I have to put the project on hold, not unfortunately that I am going to Europe.
Us aussies are tough though and generally weaned myself off Starbucks and MD. Might take in some beer and non horse meat food though....we use horses to glue paper together out here, not eat them.
Seen the odd human on the back of a horse every now and then, can't work out why though...

Looking at my ENVIR right now and pulling 1.15 Kilowatts at this time. Not to bad I suppose for a 355 square metre house with 4 adults in it but you should see it go up in the morning. I need to be recording the individual channels to see where it is all going. I suspect that my idle power is the main area that I will be able to save KWHs.

nommo

Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Not really a 'complete program' but if you can follow a recipe try this thread: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=13266
I ate all the Pi

Return to “General discussion”