PeterO

7th Milton Keynes Jam

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Seventh Milton Keynes Jam tickets on Feb 24th. Tickets from http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5421371468
PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

PeterO

Re: 7th Milton Keynes Jam

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 pm

If you are intending to come, please go to the eventbrite site now and claim a ticket. Numbers are rather low at the moment, and unless they pick up quickly I will have to cancel the event.
PeterO
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

PeterO wrote:If you are intending to come, please go to the eventbrite site now and claim a ticket. Numbers are rather low at the moment, and unless they pick up quickly I will have to cancel the event.
PeterO
That would be a shame. I wonder if it's anything to do with there having been two in Jan? I'll give it a plug on my site and see if we can get a few more signups. Romilly's going to do the same on Quick2Wire.com. Ideal opportunity for some new people to come along and have a look. :D
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

PeterO

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 pm

That may explain why we didn't get so many people come to the Jam at the end of January. But for those that didn't come to that one it has now been 7 weeks since the last one so........
PeterO

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 pm

I've posted a blog about it, hopefully we'll get some more takers from it...

http://raspi.tv/2013/come-to-the-milton ... 4-feb-2013

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:54 pm

PeterO wrote:That may explain why we didn't get so many people come to the Jam at the end of January. But for those that didn't come to that one it has now been 7 weeks since the last one so........
PeterO
I forewent the second January one in order to come to the Feb one. I'm bringing my Wiimote Gertboard demo. Everyone loved the original flag. The flag is now back with an upgrade. :lol:

PeterO

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks to those who have responded and taken tickets we're now good to go !...
PeterO

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 am

PeterO wrote:Thanks to those who have responded and taken tickets we're now good to go !...
PeterO
Excellent. See you on Sunday Peter :D

Burngate

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Just to say - thanks to everyone - brill!

I suppose I've now got to get down and do some serious stuff: Python / Midi / OpenGL ES

sportsnapper

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

I found out about this at 1230 on the day (on the quick2wire blog BTW) - what's the best way to find out when your event (or even other events) are going to happen??

PeterO

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 pm

sportsnapper wrote:I found out about this at 1230 on the day (on the quick2wire blog BTW) - what's the best way to find out when your event (or even other events) are going to happen??
Well this thread is titled "7th Milton Keynes Jam"...... So I would keep your eyes open for a thread titled "8th Milton Keynes Jam" :idea:
The plan is to hold them on the last Sunday of each month.
PeterO

joan

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Are there write ups on the jams? I'd be interested in what went on.

PeterO

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm

I believe some of the regulars were going to start a blog, but I've not seen anything of it yet.
PeterO

joan

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 pm

PeterO wrote:I believe some of the regulars were going to start a blog, but I've not seen anything of it yet.
PeterO
I look forward to the blog. Just nosy, interested in what people are doing (or trying to do) with their Pi.

GadgetGal

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it to the jam on 24th. I was away and am very much looking forward to coming on 31st. With luck, I'll have managed something with the Pi and my senseboard :) I've been working with a school and one of the teachers is keen to come along with his son. I'm going to email him the link. I'll also be bringing a friend along with his project. In terms of numbers, it will probably alternate between feast and famine :)

mypifi

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:23 pm

I should be there at the next one, will have a project or two with me, but need to find yet another one somewhere down the line. But one thing i will say is if anyone who attends could help out Ryan and post their projects on his pideas site that be one happy man.

pjxr2

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 am

Peter,

If this is going to be a regular gathering would it not qualify got a sticky posting just titled milton keynes raspberry jam rather than listing a new thread each time? then I could subscribe to notifications.

Or do you have some other comms method I should use?

I'm verry new to RasPi and Linux and want to get involved. I also have two sons who I want to 'expose' to programming now while they are in their early teens... perhaps they will be able to afford a good care home for me in my twilight when it comes....!
Kind Regards

Paul J Williams
pjxr2@me.com

PeterO

Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm

pjxr2 wrote:Peter,
If this is going to be a regular gathering would it not qualify got a sticky posting
What will we do when every RaspberryJam post has been made into a sticky ?

PeterO

pjxr2

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 pm

you can use it to advertise the location and event as a regular thing. At the top of the first post that anyone looks at it'll have the place, time and last sunday details along with contact details or ticketing info.

instead of trawling through a load of posts and replies or hoping to see the 8th, 9th etc being posted as a new topic.....

Any urgent announcements can also go on there at the top, with other posted messages not moving the important stuff from the top, a sticky can also be edited at will but stays where it is.
Kind Regards

Paul J Williams
pjxr2@me.com

PeterO

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Much better to have a thread that is near the top of page 1 while it is relevant and drops off the page when it is no longer important (ie a regular tread).
PeterO

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:41 pm

PeterO wrote:I believe some of the regulars were going to start a blog, but I've not seen anything of it yet.
PeterO
LOL that must be because none of those who had that discussion were at the last one (skyving gits). :lol:

Return to “User groups and events”