Argon

Squeezeplug Mystery (Ghost music)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello,

I got some strange things here:
My Raspi is connected with an ethernet cable and with the jack out to this receiver ( http://www.conrad.com/Renkforce-SAP-702 ... &pi=346384 ). If i play some music through Squeezeplug this works perfect.

Now if I press on the "Stop" button so that there no music has to play on Squeezeplug this goes also fine, but after a period I hear sometimes a voice or music in a complete different language then mine (Dutch). I thought that Squeezeplay still plays a random musicstream from internet. So i tested this out and disconnected my modem/router here at home. In other words, internet was completely disconnected. I then went again to the bathroom (where the raspi is) and I still hear a voice/music...
I waited 10 minutes (maybe it was a buffer) but the sound just continues!

WTF is going on in here ??? Internet is disconnected, Receiver can't play AM or FM radiostations,...
only thing connected on the receiver are 2 speakers and the line out cable to the RasPi.

Someone can explain this to me?

castalla

Re: Squeezeplug Mystery (Ghost music)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Obviously your house has a poltergeist originating from when the Spansh ruled the Low Countries!

Argon

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Haha, i don't think so. But seriously i don't understand this !

truehl

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi, sounds funny, I'm no technic affine guy, but I think you have some technical interference. This can be because the Pi is not shielded from the environment! Did you cover the Pi in a case?

Maybe if you turn around the Pi a bit you can here a Dutch radio station! Or even voices from hell! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de

Argon

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Haha, this is so strange ! :-) RasPi isn't in a Case, so this is possible. But i live in Belgium (near the border of France). So if I receive any audio signal i expect it is in Dutch or French, but not in Spanish/This evening some Russian like also...

We have an airport also here, but it is not the voice of a pilot :-)

ghans

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Perhaps a long wave radio station ?
They can reach 400 km and more under good conditions AFAIK.
I remember being able to distinguish them while some old speakers
where turned on in school - with no audio input attached. :D
Just a case of interference i guess.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Media centres”