I've been pondering this for some time, wanting to autorun the app WINSNAP which makes windows snap to screen edges or the iconbar, for neat alignment.
So I downloaded it using Packman and found it to have been placed in SD CARD > APPS > DESKTOP.
Now, how to get it to autorun on boot up! Simples!
1. Keeping the DESKTOP folder open with the WINSNAP icon and viewable I then went back to the first SD CARD window.
2. I then double-clicked !BOOT and found that a Configuration window opened with many icon choices.
3. I then single-clicked on BOOT in the Configuration window. Then single-clicked on RUN in the Boot Sequence window.
4. Remembering that RISC OS does most things by dragging and dropping I dragged (in this case) the WINSNAP icon from the DESKTOP window and dropped it into the RUN AT STARTUP window.
5. A text line then appeared showing the path to my app (as I say in this case WINSNAP).
6. I then clicked on SET, then rebooted and voila! My app autobooted!
Hope this helps, Unh.