User avatar
Dweeber
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

User avatar
relnext
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm

ordered the new 512 and it arrived in less than 48 hrs from Newark.
incredible.

User avatar
sadlyatworktoday
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Dweeber wrote:Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.
fair point...

Ordered from farnel UK on 14th October (2:59pm), on 16th October (11:26am) received a 'your order has been shipped' email. I am in the UK no Pi as yet....

summers
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 pm

summers wrote:Ordered 9/10/12 form Farnel UK, shipped 16/10/12. Expecting it to land on the doormat today or tomorrow.
And arrived today with a nice little message:

"We have a little surprise for you ... Inside the box is a new Raspberyy Pi with 512MB RAM waiting for you!"

:)

User avatar
fos
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 am
Location: Texas & Kansas, United States
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm

I ordered one Monday morning from Newark delivering to Houston, TX. It arrived today (RPi 512k).

Can't beat service like that!

fos
https://faroutscience.com

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10548
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 am

RaTTuS wrote:ordered on the 15th expected
W/C 22/10/2012
and I got the your RPi has been shipped yesterday evening so I should get it today [though I'm not in]
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

User avatar
sadlyatworktoday
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 am

sadlyatworktoday wrote:
Dweeber wrote:Gets really confusing when people don't include where they are located.

Farnell is a huge umbrella company with many localized distributors going by many different names. In the UK I think it is just Farnell... But in the US it is Newark, MCM and others with Element14 sites which then point to Newark etc...

So when you say you ordered from Farnell... it really doesn't indicate where your order went and which queue you are in.

My order was with Newark on the 15th and it shipped the next day (should be here today or tomorrow), they ran out but the MCM got stock and announced the next day ... both in the US.
fair point...

Ordered from farnel UK on 14th October (2:59pm), on 16th October (11:26am) received a 'your order has been shipped' email. I am in the UK no Pi as yet....
and recieved 18th Oct (09:01am) :D

thsBavR10
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm

(RPi 512MB - Germany)
- ordered 15th Oct (11 am),
- delivered 18th Oct. (3 pm)
Great!

heavenknows
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 am

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 am

I ordered on Wednesday (17th Oct) from Farnell UK and have just been emailed a note saying that expected delivery is week commencing 12/11/2012 which is a bit of a shame as judging by this thread I thought delivery times had improved.

Maybe the 512 has caused a bit of a rush on stock.

itimpi
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 am
Location: Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 pm

I ordered on Monday (15th) with an estimated delivery of next week (week commencing 22/10).. I got the dispatched email on Wednesday (17th) and delivery today (19th). I can see there having been a spike in orders, adding slightly to the lead time, but it does at least appear as if Farnell are meeting or bettering their estimate for delivery.

itkis
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 pm

I ordered on 6th October from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail yesterday (18th October).

User avatar
Albe605C
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

itkis wrote:I ordered on 6th October from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail yesterday (18th October).
I ordered 5 oct. (in the afternoon), I got shipping notification 18th too. I hope to receive the 512mb pi.

User avatar
Cotard
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 pm

I ordered on 3th October, order number ORP0864XX from Farnell UK and got an order shipped e-mail 17th October. I look forward to the Monday morning to have it in my hands. 8-)

PiRSqrd
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I had an email on the 16th saying it has left the warehouse, however no pi as yet, any idea who delivers these things (in the UK) and can it be tracked?

sparky_132
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm in the UK.
Ordered from Farnell on Sat eve 13th Oct.
Despatch notice received Wed 17th Oct 17:30
Raspberry Pi Delivered (512MB version) Fri 19th Oct!
Delivery was via Royal Mail, 2nd class, so no tracking codes.

bugmenot3
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:02 am

ordered: 16.10.
estimated delivery: 12/11/2012
Location: Germany

so i'll have to wait a bit...

jelopo
Posts: 1597
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Ordered a Rpi from France on the 5 Oct. Order shipped email today 20th Oct. Waiting for delivery...

rmwebs
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am

heavenknows wrote:I ordered on Wednesday (17th Oct) from Farnell UK and have just been emailed a note saying that expected delivery is week commencing 12/11/2012 which is a bit of a shame as judging by this thread I thought delivery times had improved.

Maybe the 512 has caused a bit of a rush on stock.
I'm in the same situation (also ordered on the Wednesday).

PiRSqrd
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm

PiRSqrd wrote:I had an email on the 16th saying it has left the warehouse, however no pi as yet, any idea who delivers these things (in the UK) and can it be tracked?
No pi yet, I'm a bit concerned as it appears most are getting them within a day or two and mines no show after day 4.

They said it could take 2 - 5 working days, so if I don't get it tomorrow I will either call or email, anyone been in this situation?

cnt
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 am

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

I just got an email allowing me to order from newark (farnell's USA partner) via phone (i "registered my interest" the day the 512mb version got announced). The lady that took my order gave me the ship date of Nov 26th.

jlreeves
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Ordered from Newark/Element 14 on October 15th (U.S. address), and it shipped on the 22nd. I can track it and it will be at my house on the 24th. This is great.
On the other hand, I ordered one from RS in July and have yet to hear or receive anything from them.
Great job Farnell!

User avatar
Albe605C
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm

My second pi from Farnell arrived today (23 Oct.), 512Mb version :D, rational wainting time.
Only the package are very poor. The raspberry pi's carton box was a bit crushed but luckily the pi was perfectly intact. I try it and it work fine.

User avatar
Dweeber
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact: Website

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Albe605C wrote:My second pi from Farnell arrived today (23 Oct.), 512Mb version :D, rational wainting time.
Only the package are very poor. The raspberry pi's carton box was a bit crushed but luckily the pi was perfectly intact. I try it and it work fine.
My latest one came in a box that was a bit crushed as well but the unit was fine.
Dweeber A.K.A. Kevin...
My RPI Info Pages including Current Setup - http://rpi.tnet.com

o9p0
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 am

Portugal
Ordered: 2012-10-15 23:00
Received: 2012-10-23

:D

DukeOfTarporley
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Current Farnell Delivery Time

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 pm

im in the uk
3 pi arrived today. 3 little boxes in one padded envelope. ordered 6 days ago.

They were posted through the letter box, no signing required which was useful as I was out.

no reason for me to change supplier

this reminds me I still have a live order with RS from July..... I had better cancel it!

Return to “General discussion”