Majopahi

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:53 pm

I'm Matt, I've recently got a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8gb for my birthday, and have been slowly but surely setting it up as a desktop replacement for teaching myself programming/code/etc to start a career! It's a slow process :lol: I'm really enjoying it though, been mainly using freeCodeCamp as my primary resource, any recommendations are welcome!
<!-- I need a coffee <br/>... -->

woland

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:12 am

Hi,
Im Luis, computer engineer starting with Raspberry nowadays.
Ive been working in different IT and telecom areas even though since about 2 decades Im specialized in cyber-security and by now this will be the field in which Id like to test raspberry and explore its capabilities.

So hopefully Ill find rasp (as I like to call it) useful and helpful for my purposes and needs.

Wishing you all a good day !

Luis

TonyRodda

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Pi4 newly delivered and looking forward to a new life!

Planning on using the Pi for astro applications, robotics and remote networking.

Last time I did anything with a line editor was 40 years ago...

More questions than answers!

Regards

Tony

metamorpheus

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi Everyone:
This is Tom from Baltimore. Just getting into the R. Pi game! You will see me in the Beginners' forums for now.

Cheers!

pibuntu

Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:04 am

Hi, I am Klaas and am a software engineer and web developer.
I use my PI as a simple home NAS and run Pi Hole on it. It runs Ubuntu 20.04 LTS x64.

ivyvisors

Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:37 am

Hi, I'm Ivy.

Just really an old goth hacker.

I've been mucking around with computers since I got a c64 and a modem, which introduced me to the world of BBSs.

Then I moved to the Amiga, which was a lot of good trouble. Then an ST (I know this is heresy) but it had the most stable MIDI of any machine till Windows 2000, and Mac OS X.

But I've had an itch to have something to hack with, and I''m having fun.

Thanks for the raspberry pi 4 with 8mb as I can do a lot of fun stuff with it.

davidgrohl

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi all,
I'm new in the forum. I'm building my own raspberry pi 4 based application and I hope you can help me in those topics I'm noob.
Cheers!!!

JAC55

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 am

Hi all my name is Jeff. I have not been on this forum for a few years so I thought I would re-introduce myself. I have a RPi 1 and RPi2 and am now considering buying an Rpi4.

amishbitcoin

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Yo piheads

I'm jc. Pretty new to this but wanted to say hi

ramon2000

Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:51 am

Hi, I am Ramon and despite 2000 in my username, I was born much before :D (the 1st time I used this username, year 2000 was the future and I still use it when I register).

I have been using/playing with Raspberry Pi since the beginning in 2012, and following this forum for several years, and some days ago I decided to join.

BowerR64

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 pm

Im old

Been using the internet since AOL charged per minute to go online. Ive used almost very version of windows from 3.1 till now.

I think ive used about ever format for music LP, 8 track, Cassette, mini disk, CD now im using a thumb drive lol

Big fan of electronics and mechanical things, been playing guitar since i was about 17, and im still not any good. :mrgreen:
Raspberry pi 4B

They did it for the same reason they flipped the USB and Lan plugs around, because they can. AND YOU STILL BOUGHT ONE! :|

Fotografo Madrid

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi all! I am Adrian Sanchez, wedding photographer in Madrid, and new with a Raspberry that I use to work, I hope to learn a lot from you, I am still a little fish, thank you!

Hola a todos! soy Adrian Sanchez , Fotografo de bodas en Madrid , y nuevo con una Raspberry que utilizo para trabajar , espero aprender mucho de vosotros , todavia estoy un poco pez , gracias!

dependentu40

Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi everyone :D . My name is Alex and I have been interested in purchasing a Raspberry Pi for a while now, and I have made up my mind and decided to buy one. The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B to be exact. I am planning to use it for programming, emulating, and pentesting. I am very excited for it to arrive, so I can get to work!

Prinsepia

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Hey all,

things are getting serious rn as I got my hands on a Pi4 (8GB) + case with cooling system + power supply for 89 € and I am so eager to use it. (Told my wife I'll buy a new computer for this price and she was waiting for a punch line or the like.)
I'm a confident python, ruby, SQL, C# and Java dev so I offer my help to anyone who has the patience to bear with me.

cya around folks~
Cheers
I'm obsessed with computery stuffs since my dad tried to fit a CD into a floppy disk drive. Last time I called him he asked me to connect to his WiFi to be able to read an email he got.
He lives 520 km away.
What a wonderful world.

Daniel85

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 am

Hello!
I am a new member here and hope to enjoy the forum. :mrgreen:
Thanks

MichelKuenemann

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:37 am

Hi all,

I am Michel from France - Glad to join the forum.

Michel

AZdave

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Hello all:

I'm Dave from AZ.
New to raspberry, been playing around with it for about 2 months and 4 sd cards.

Could only get one dsiplay in ubunt 54 bit, so gave up there.

Running Raspbian 32 bit as a desktop (8G Rpi4).

Will start looking at Pi zero W soon.

AZdave
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize computers; they don't like it."
"In /dev/null, no one can hear you scream..."

smminc

Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:57 am

Hello all...

I've been watching the RPi development from the outside for years - but when the 8GB RPi4 was announced that changed my point of view... ok, then - I'm in...

I purchased a few Rpi4 units and am awaiting 64 bit OS releases and 'boot from USB' to come out-of -beta - as both things are game changers for this specific single-board computer...

W. H. Heydt

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 am

smminc wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:57 am
Hello all...

I've been watching the RPi development from the outside for years - but when the 8GB RPi4 was announced that changed my point of view... ok, then - I'm in...

I purchased a few Rpi4 units and am awaiting 64 bit OS releases and 'boot from USB' to come out-of -beta - as both things are game changers for this specific single-board computer...
Boot from MSD USB is now "stable", rather than "beta".

quartferrina

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi everyone.
I am Ferrina from Indonesia. I am beginner using Raspberry Pi. Glad to be a part of this forum ((:

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:47 pm

quartferrina wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:06 pm
Hi everyone.
I am Ferrina from Indonesia. I am beginner using Raspberry Pi. Glad to be a part of this forum ((:
Sugeng rawuh ing forum iki.

welcome on this forum!

PROcrasten

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:25 am

Hi,
I am a complete beginner when it comes to RPi and Python but i am determined to get my head around all this :)
I have a couple of projects i want to give a go and thats where i need the above.

Be warned, there will probably be tons of stupid questions! :)

/Sven

sterremuur

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Hello all,
my name is Eric and I am working several years with the Pi, 3, 4, ZERO W and Zero without W.
I use them to host my websites, e.g https://ebenaupi4.ml and https://sterremuur.nl
For testing I use free .ml domains from freenom.

jiml8

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:22 am

I'm Jim. I picked up 3 Pi4 devices to use as security implements on my network. One has become a pihole DNS, one has become a VPN gateway/proxy on my IOT VLAN, thus isolating untrusted devices such as my smart TV and certain devices that I test, and the other has become a VPN gateway/proxy on my main LAN, thus rationalizing what was becoming a configuration mess involving a bunch of virtual machines and systems.

I'm the firmware and kernel developer for a piece of internet infrastructure that is rapidly gaining popularity as a consequence of the pandemic because it greatly facilitates work from home. I usually program C, C++, or PHP. I also program a number of other languages including python. I also have an extensive hardware background, though I don't do much of that anymore.

JBells

Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am

Hi everybody,

Got my Pi to fiddle with ahead of a small project. New to Linux, new to Python.

That's some learning curve I'm on...

J

Return to “General discussion”