ras07

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm

feghous wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pm
I've been using Rpi cam web interface for a few days now and it's been wonderful. However i noticed that when I record an image, the angle of this image is much wider than the angle of the stream preview in the main page. I would like to have this wide angle for the preview in the main page, but i didn't find anything that solves this in the camera settings or in this forum.
Does anybody know how to configure the angle of the preview ?
The video resolution defaults to a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio, while the image resolution defaults to a 4:3 aspect ratio. If you change the video resolution to a 4:3 ratio it will more closely reflect the viewing angle of the images.

However there's a sizable difference in viewing angles between the 1080p and 720p video presets (which are both 16:9 aspect ratios), and frankly I've never understood that. 1080p is much more "zoomed in", and 720p is wider angle. Seems like there should be a way to widen the shot at 1080p, but if there is, I don't know how to do it. You can narrow the viewing angle (zoom in) by adjusting the Sensor Region settings, but you can't widen it (zoom out).

feghous

Sat May 02, 2020 9:10 pm

ras07 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm
feghous wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pm
I've been using Rpi cam web interface for a few days now and it's been wonderful. However i noticed that when I record an image, the angle of this image is much wider than the angle of the stream preview in the main page. I would like to have this wide angle for the preview in the main page, but i didn't find anything that solves this in the camera settings or in this forum.
Does anybody know how to configure the angle of the preview ?
The video resolution defaults to a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio, while the image resolution defaults to a 4:3 aspect ratio. If you change the video resolution to a 4:3 ratio it will more closely reflect the viewing angle of the images.

However there's a sizable difference in viewing angles between the 1080p and 720p video presets (which are both 16:9 aspect ratios), and frankly I've never understood that. 1080p is much more "zoomed in", and 720p is wider angle. Seems like there should be a way to widen the shot at 1080p, but if there is, I don't know how to do it. You can narrow the viewing angle (zoom in) by adjusting the Sensor Region settings, but you can't widen it (zoom out).
very clear, thanks !!

psylover

Sun May 03, 2020 11:18 am

Hi there. I'm using the new High Quality cam (https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/new-pr ... now-at-50/), but I get an awful amount of dropped frames. When i set the stream of the camera to 1280 wide, I only get about 50% of my frames and every movie I record, plays twice as fast... Both on a Pi 4 (4GB) as well as on a 3 model B. Is this because of the higher resolution? Or is the new module not supported, and if so, will it be? When I just record with raspivid, everything works as it should...

Thanks in advance for any awnsers!

ras07

Sun May 03, 2020 5:40 pm

psylover wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:18 am
Hi there. I'm using the new High Quality cam (https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/new-pr ... now-at-50/), but I get an awful amount of dropped frames. When i set the stream of the camera to 1280 wide, I only get about 50% of my frames and every movie I record, plays twice as fast... Both on a Pi 4 (4GB) as well as on a 3 model B. Is this because of the higher resolution? Or is the new module not supported, and if so, will it be? When I just record with raspivid, everything works as it should...
I don't know whether that camera is supported. Could you open an issue on GitHub at https://github.com/silvanmelchior/RPi_C ... ace/issues ? I think that's the best way to get ahold of the package maintainer.

StarLordRammi

Mon May 04, 2020 10:49 pm

could someone help me out please.

Im trying to install this on Pi Zero W with fresh install of Raspbian Buster Lite and keep getting the following error (see attachment)

thank you
Attachments
picam.png
picam.png (14.8 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

itsmedoofer

Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 am

Hi,

You are mixing commands, it should be.

sudo apt install git

And then when that's installed,

git clone <the git address>

marcel151

Tue May 05, 2020 8:50 am

Hello,

I just updated to 6.6.9, but that causes problems on my Stretch installation. I selected php7.0 for the installation on stretch but I still got the following error:

Code: Select all

raspimjpeg: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by raspimjpeg)
At the moment I can't update to buster. What can I do?

shaDNfro

Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 am

Is it anyhow possible to change the background color of the min.php to black? I tried to modify it, but wihout any success -_-

ras07

Tue May 05, 2020 4:48 pm

marcel151 wrote:
I just updated to 6.6.9, but that causes problems on my Stretch installation. I selected php7.0 for the installation on stretch but I still got the following error:

raspimjpeg: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by raspimjpeg)
Hmm, I just tried 6.6.9 on Stretch and got the same error.

I'll open a GitHub issue on it, but I'm not sure how much longer it will be practical for the package maintainers to keep supporting Stretch.

ras07

Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 pm

marcel151 wrote:

You need a different version of raspimjpeg. According to the wiki:
For preBuster OS you will need a different version of raspimjpeg in the bin folder. Rename raspimjpeg to raspimjpeg-buster and raspimjpeg-stretch to raspimjpeg before installing.

Ewan WIlls

Wed May 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Hey geat program but i'm having trouble stopping it from launching on startup. Please someone help fast, also i am still a Pi noob so be nice :D

ras07

Wed May 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Ewan WIlls wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:13 pm
Hey geat program but i'm having trouble stopping it from launching on startup. Please someone help fast, also i am still a Pi noob so be nice :D
The install modifies your /etc/rc.local file (this file is executed at startup). If you don't want it to start at startup, just edit this file - towards the end you'll see a section between lines that say

#START RASPIMJPEG SECTION
#END RASPIMJPEG SECTION
and take out that section. (You could put those lines in a separate script file and use it to start raspimjpeg when you want - if you do this, be sure to use sudo so it executes as root).

nospam

Mon May 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Is it possible to enable Dynamic Range Compensation (DRC) in raspimjpeg using RPi Cam Web Interface? Where would I add the --drc switch?

marcel151

Sat May 16, 2020 11:39 am

Where can I put suggestions for improvement, can you put them somewhere on GitHub? Adding Web Push notifications would be great. For example when motion is detected a notification pops up and by clicking on it you can open the web interface.
I would like to help but unfortunately my experience in programming is not that good.

ras07

Sat May 16, 2020 2:48 pm

marcel151 wrote:
Where can I put suggestions for improvement, can you put them somewhere on GitHub? Adding Web Push notifications would be great. For example when motion is detected a notification pops up and by clicking on it you can open the web interface.
If you click on Help at the bottom of the preview page, there's a link to the GitHub project. Web notifications would be useful!

marcel151

Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 am

ras07 wrote:
marcel151 wrote:
If you click on Help at the bottom of the preview page, there's a link to the GitHub project. Web notifications would be useful!
I know where the GitHub project is but I don't know how to make suggestions there.

ras07

Sun May 17, 2020 2:36 pm

marcel151 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 am
ras07 wrote:
marcel151 wrote:
I know where the GitHub project is but I don't know how to make suggestions there.
Ah - sorry, I misunderstood. You can click on the Issues tab and then the green New issue button. You'll need to create a GitHub account if you don't have one.

https://github.com/silvanmelchior/RPi_C ... ace/issues

joanila

RPI Cam Web Interface problem

Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 pm

I have just installed the package on a Pi3B running Stretch. The installation ran smoothly with no errors but when accessing the web server, even that everything looks ok (the buttons jump to the several screens, etc...), the live image of the camera does not appear on the web browser. A flicking image icon appears instead of the live image.

Anyone has a clue about what is going on ? I would greatly appreciate some help on this. I'm new with RPI Cam Web Interface and I have no idea about where to start looking.

Thanks very much for your help

Best regards

Joan

ras07

Re: RPI Cam Web Interface problem

Wed May 20, 2020 2:27 am

joanila wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 pm
I have just installed the package on a Pi3B running Stretch. The installation ran smoothly with no errors but when accessing the web server, even that everything looks ok (the buttons jump to the several screens, etc...), the live image of the camera does not appear on the web browser. A flicking image icon appears instead of the live image.

Anyone has a clue about what is going on ? I would greatly appreciate some help on this. I'm new with RPI Cam Web Interface and I have no idea about where to start looking.
Did you switch to the pre-Buster version of raspimjpeg before you ran the install.sh? I've edited the wiki to make that step a little more visible - see step 4 under https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interfac ... stallation . (Although in general I'd recommend burning a new Buster OS image if possible.)

If that's not the problem - doublecheck the camera cable connections. Make sure they are seated well and turned the right way. On the 3/3+ the contact side of the camera cable should face toward the HDMI connector, and on the camera end, the contact side of the cable should be facing down.

Also double-check that camera support is enabled: execute sudo raspi-config, select Interfacing Options, then select Camera, and enable the interface. (You will need to reboot to enable the camera after this.)

joanila

Wed May 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks very much for your reply
Did you switch to the pre-Buster version of raspimjpeg before you ran the install.sh? I've edited the wiki to make that step a little more visible - see step 4 under https://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interfac ... stallation . (Although in general I'd recommend burning a new Buster OS image if possible.)
Yes, I I followed step by step the installation procedure (quite clear, by the way)
If that's not the problem - doublecheck the camera cable connections. Make sure they are seated well and turned the right way. On the 3/3+ the contact side of the camera cable should face toward the HDMI connector, and on the camera end, the contact side of the cable should be facing down.
Before installing the RPi Cam Web Interface the camera was working ok both previewing the image and saving the recorded images (raspistill)
Also double-check that camera support is enabled: execute sudo raspi-config, select Interfacing Options, then select Camera, and enable the interface. (You will need to reboot to enable the camera after this.)
The camera was already enabled (as I mentioned before it was working ok), but just in case the installation of the new package did change anything, I reenabled the camera as suggested.

Here the keypoint is that the program seems to work ok (I can jump to the several submenus), but the live image is replaced by a flicking icon. Flicking probably means that something is being refreshed, but the live image does not appear....

Now raspistill does not work, but I understand that this is because the RPi Cam Web Interface has taken the control of the camera...

ras07

Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

joanila wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:17 pm
Here the keypoint is that the program seems to work ok (I can jump to the several submenus), but the live image is replaced by a flicking icon. Flicking probably means that something is being refreshed, but the live image does not appear....

Now raspistill does not work, but I understand that this is because the RPi Cam Web Interface has taken the control of the camera...
Hmm. Can you check the /dev/shm/mjpeg directory? There should be a cam.jpg with an up-to--the-second timestamp, and also a status_mjpeg.txt - if you cat out that file it should say ready (or md_ready, or a couple other variants).

[EDITED: correct directory is /dev/shm/mjpeg]
Last edited by ras07 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joanila

Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Hmm. Can you check the /dev/shm/jpeg directory? There should be a cam.jpg with an up-to--the-second timestamp, and also a status_mjpeg.txt - if you cat out that file it should say ready (or md_ready, or a couple other variants).
/dev/shm/jpeg does not exist, but /dev/shm/mjpeg yes. There there is a status_mjpeg.txt with zero size:

pi@pi3:/dev/shm/mjpeg $ ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 60 may 18 23:34 .
drwxrwxrwt 3 root     root     60 may 22 16:50 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  0 may 22 16:50 status_mjpeg.txt

ras07

Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 pm

joanila wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm
Hmm. Can you check the /dev/shm/jpeg directory? There should be a cam.jpg with an up-to--the-second timestamp, and also a status_mjpeg.txt - if you cat out that file it should say ready (or md_ready, or a couple other variants).
/dev/shm/jpeg does not exist, but /dev/shm/mjpeg yes. There there is a status_mjpeg.txt with zero size:

pi@pi3:/dev/shm/mjpeg $ ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 2 www-data www-data 60 may 18 23:34 .
drwxrwxrwt 3 root     root     60 may 22 16:50 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  0 may 22 16:50 status_mjpeg.txt
Sorry, I mistyped - /dev/shm/mjpeg is the correct directory. Something's not right though; it's missing the cam.jpg file and the status_mjpeg.txt file shouldn't be empty.

Any chance you can try with Buster (perhaps with a different SD card)? In the meantime I've got a spare SD card and I'll give it a try with Stretch.

ras07

Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm

ras07 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 pm
Any chance you can try with Buster (perhaps with a different SD card)? In the meantime I've got a spare SD card and I'll give it a try with Stretch.
Hmm, I tried it with Stretch and got a very similar result (not precisely the same - I do get a non-empty status_mjpeg.txt file, but it always contains "halted", no matter what I do. I don't ever see a cam.jpg file).

I'll keep tinkering with it out of curiosity ... I'll report back if I learn anything. In the meantime I think re-trying with Buster may be your best bet, if that's an option for you.

ras07

Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 pm

ras07 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm
Hmm, I tried it with Stretch and got a very similar result (not precisely the same - I do get a non-empty status_mjpeg.txt file, but it always contains "halted", no matter what I do. I don't ever see a cam.jpg file).
False alarm; I didn't have the camera enabled. When I enabled the camera and rebooted everything was fine. So I don't know what the problem is.

Return to “Camera board”