tsankesara

Nodemcu slave to Raspberry pi (via wifi)

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Hey guys,
so here is my question.
How do I connect nodemcu with Raspberry pi via wifi in such a way that raspberry pi can sent and recive data/values to/from nodemcu.
With embedded wifi chip working for internet access, I would like to use an additional usb-wifi adapter for creating hotspot for all nodemcu to connect and the make two way data transfer possible..

neilgl

Re: Nodemcu slave to Raspberry pi (via wifi)

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:15 pm

What I do with my nodeMCU devices is to program them using Arduino IDE to use mqtt. They can then send/receive data values to/from the pi.

PhatFil

Re: Nodemcu slave to Raspberry pi (via wifi)

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:07 pm

I use tasmota firmware on many esp826x devices. Its very handy for interfacing with all sorts of i/o and sensors and hosts its own gui web interface. You just configure whats connected to what gpio pin via the web gui and it will publish all its metrics via mqtt (a broker service you can host on a pi..) and will respond to all sorts of mqtt commends too.
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/#/Home

Usually used for reprogramming oem smart devices for a nodemcu or wemos d1 dev board just select "Generic 18" as the module type in the Config/module page for access to all exposed gpio.

On my Pi i also host node red which is a drag n drop interface for responding to events such as mqtt publications from tasmota devices and can be used to create some very powerful flows quite simply once you get the hang of thinking about data flows rather than execution flows..

Return to “Beginners”