zLagos

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 am

Hola, Mike

An idea has occurred to me, probably nonsense, but I tell you.

When the fruitbox.cfg is for albums and not for songs, maybe it was fine that pressing the random key would add a complete album, not just a song.

Thanks for your time.

Saludos, iOtero.

fruitbox

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 am

zLagos wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 am

Hola

If you are interested, I can send you this skin that I made based on TouchOne. It is something more complete.

screenshot.jpg

Saludos, iOtero
Yes please!

zLagos

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 am

fruitbox wrote:
zLagos wrote:

Hola

If you are interested, I can send you this skin that I made based on TouchOne. It is something more complete.

screenshot.jpg

Saludos, iOtero
Yes please!
Mike, yesterday I sent you an email with the 9 touch skins I've done. I guess you haven't read it...

Saludos, iOtero

DA313

Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 am

zLagos wrote:
fruitbox wrote:
zLagos wrote:

Hola

screenshot.jpg

Saludos, iOtero
Yes please!
Mike, yesterday I sent you an email with the 9 touch skins I've done. I guess you haven't read it...

Saludos, iOtero
Nine?! Wow, I'd love to see them!
"From this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety." (Shakespeare, Henry IV)

fruitbox

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 am

DA313 wrote:

iOtero has sent them to me. I'll put them on GitHib when the next fruitbox version is released.

Cheers
Mike

willbuden

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Mike, I've tried several times with no success to send the Touch Christmas Skin for Fruitbox. I'd like to try another way. Please download it from dropbox through this link --

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkaiak7ksn61s ... s.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if you can get it.

Thank you,
Bill B

fruitbox

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 pm

willbuden wrote:
Mike, I've tried several times with no success to send the Touch Christmas Skin for Fruitbox. I'd like to try another way. Please download it from dropbox through this link --

Thank you,
Bill B
Hi Bill

I've already got it a few weeks ago - many thanks! It will also be included on GitHub for the next release.

Cheers
Mike

fruitbox

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:58 pm

DA313 wrote:
zLagos wrote:
fruitbox wrote:

Yes please!

Saludos, iOtero
They're good...

TouchAlbums.jpg
TouchAlbums.jpg (111.46 KiB) Viewed 891 times
TouchMiniRed.jpg
TouchMiniRed.jpg (120.94 KiB) Viewed 891 times
Attachments
TouchRed.jpg
TouchRed.jpg (109.01 KiB) Viewed 891 times

fruitbox

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:02 pm

Some more...
TouchOld.jpg
TouchOld.jpg (128.23 KiB) Viewed 888 times
TouchBlue.jpg
TouchBlue.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 888 times

willbuden

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 am

fruitbox wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 pm
willbuden wrote:

Thank you,
Bill B
Hi Bill

I've already got it a few weeks ago - many thanks! It will also be included on GitHub for the next release.

Cheers
Mike
Thanks for all your hard work. This app is truly epic and very much appreciated.

Bill B

zLagos

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 am

Hola, MIke

Nice the vu-meter that appears in the skins. I like it. Is it an animated gif or a new feature of fruitbox?

Saludos, iOtero.

fruitbox

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am

zLagos wrote:
Hola, MIke

Nice the vu-meter that appears in the skins. I like it. Is it an animated gif or a new feature of fruitbox?

Saludos, iOtero.
It's a new feature in the next release (real time audio frequency spectrum), basically a new skin object type and again, completely configurable.

...hope you didn't mind me adding them to a couple of your skins?

Cheers
Mike

zLagos

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:33 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am
zLagos wrote:
Hola, MIke

Saludos, iOtero.
It's a new feature in the next release (real time audio frequency spectrum), basically a new skin object type and again, completely configurable.

...hope you didn't mind me adding them to a couple of your skins?

Cheers
Mike
Hola, Mike

It doesn't bother me at all, I've already told you that I like it. It suits my skins very well.

And by the way, I hope to send you one more skin for albums today. And I hope not to do more... with 10 is enough. :D

Saludos, iOtero.

Magellant69

Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 am

Hello Mike,

I'm Emmanuel. I'm french and sorry for my english. Last week i discovered FruitBox, and...it'a a very cool jukebox with great skins.
I managed to install it but I have some problems.
I transferred mp3 files on external hard drive or usb key and opened Fruitbox. The scan of data base works but it creates additional lines with symbol " ._" . On Fruitbox skin ( Wurly or other...)it appears title unknown, title unknown...
I'have my files good and these wrong labels.
In database:
/A-ha - Crying in the rain [1999].mp3|Crying in the rain|A-ha|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|1999|0|264||||Pop (ok it's good)
/._A-ha - Crying in the rain [1999].mp3|Unknown Title|Unknown Artist|Unknown Album|Unknown Album Artist|Unknown Year|0|0||||Unknown (???)
I tried to erase the database file but it starts again.
It's the same things for all files and also for videos OGV.
I don't understand, i'm lost.
For information i installed raspbian on rpi3 and i execute with a sh command.It works pretty well.
I'm a beginner and i would like some help...
I don't know if it comes from the tags. I am modifying them with "kid3"...I'm working on a mac.
Thank you for help.
Have a good day
Emmanuel

fruitbox

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Magellant69 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 am
I managed to install it but I have some problems.
I transferred mp3 files on external hard drive or usb key and opened Fruitbox. The scan of data base works but it creates additional lines with symbol " ._" . On Fruitbox skin ( Wurly or other...)it appears title unknown, title unknown...
Hi Emmanuel

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you email a problem mp3 file to me please at rpi-fruitbox (at) outlook (dot) com and I'll take a look. Also can you tell me what your MusicPath and Database settings are please?

Cheers
Mike

cynefyl

Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi Mike (and everyone^^),

At first thank you for this amazing project, I was like a child when i saw it on youtube then get my first raspberry (pi3b+)
I really apprecitate the way you follow your thread, and make that fruitbox more and more complete.
I made to you a donation (Pierre C.. [email protected]). You desserve some support!

Ok now..here is my problem :)

I really loke the Wurly video skin and that's the one i run.
i installed it on a fresh raspbian buster lite, booting on SSD.
I installed it and everything is fine for reading ogg and mp3 music files.
I tried playing ogg vdeo clip (a small one 540px x 320, something like that) and it was clse to work well but noticed some freezes/cut in the sound. I reduce a bit the resolution and it works.
I tested it with headphones quiclky plugged on my screen from a laptop.No problem.

Then i bought the Waveshare WM8960 Hi-FI Sound Card Hat. to got sounds from tinny speakers and i like it.
But since that moment, i couldn't play correctly ogv clip that i was able to load before getting that little hifi Hat.
whatver i reduce the resolution, the entire bitrate of the files etc. (i tried the profile you recommanded with ffmpeg, and it's the same.

i noticed a lightbolt low voltage alert, so i thought ok thats my problem, so i used 5V and ground from gpio to run the raspberry. (I got a 5V 3A supply) no lightbolt, and no blinking "red light" anymore..but same problem it doesnt fix my problem.
I thought lets overclock a bit

here is my setup:

arm_freq=1450
gpu_freq=500
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
over_voltage=6
sdram_over_voltage=2

and i set 512 in memory GPU setting from raspi-config (i tried 256 before) but nothing change.
Now i'm a lost, and since i met Raspberry since few days now only, i dont want to do anything wrong, i keep learning
And when i see somme people reading 1080p videos etc, emultaion N64 etc..I think "i'm not asking the moon to my pi?"

Any help would be appreciate, thanks guys :)

fruitbox

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:28 pm

cynefyl wrote:

Hi

First off, many thanks for your contribution! Much appreciated.

Regarding video playback, that is done by the "Allegro" library I'm using (specifically the video add-on). As far as I'm aware it unfortunately isn't GPU accelerated, and that's why it can't be compared with GPU optimised programs that decode video. And it only supports ogg format. That's completely out of my control so unless the Allegro dev guys update it we are stuck with it. Eventually I may switch from Allegro to SDL2 which should provide better support, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

As far as trying to fix you problem, I think you've done everything right...decent PSU, Pi3+. So why you still have playback issues is a mystery to me. The only thing you have differently to me is the audio card, so perhaps that is causing the problem. I will have a think and try to do some experiments when I can find some time.

Cheers
Mike

DA313

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Hey Mike,

I've seen you mention a few times that a new version is coming to GitHub.

1) When do you anticipate that coming out?

2) Want to tease us with new features?

As always, appreciate all that you do.

Joe
"From this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety." (Shakespeare, Henry IV)

fruitbox

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm

DA313 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:29 pm
Hey Mike,

I've seen you mention a few times that a new version is coming to GitHub.

1) When do you anticipate that coming out?

2) Want to tease us with new features?

As always, appreciate all that you do.

Joe
Hi Joe

Yes, there's a new version I'm working on...to be honest it won't be for a while yet...probably a couple of months. There's a lot of new things going in, some are already finished and some are half finished...from memory, the new features are...

• Search feature
  • Genre-specific title strips
  • mp3 streaming (internet radio)
  • Global config via on screen menu
  • scrolling status text
  • audio spectrum analyser
  • autoplay fade
  • more flexible sound effect handling
  • enhanced display object rendering (tint, flip)
As well as a few bug fixes, there are also enhancements which make skin design easier.

A word of warning though; unfortunately the new version won't be skin compatible with previous releases; nothing too serious, and I have already modified all the existing skins to work with the new version, but if you've designed your own they will tweaking. I will publish a short checklist to help you though. When you see the changes you need to make I hope you will understand why I made them; they are all improvements which will make skin design easier and more flexible going forward.

Cheers
Mike

cynefyl

Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:28 pm
cynefyl wrote:

Hi

First off, many thanks for your contribution! Much appreciated.

Regarding video playback, that is done by the "Allegro" library I'm using (specifically the video add-on). As far as I'm aware it unfortunately isn't GPU accelerated, and that's why it can't be compared with GPU optimised programs that decode video. And it only supports ogg format. That's completely out of my control so unless the Allegro dev guys update it we are stuck with it. Eventually I may switch from Allegro to SDL2 which should provide better support, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

[...]

Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike

Thanks for your answer. I'll try later without the hat again and see what happen. What i forgot to tell you about is the animation of vinyl load, and unload perfectly work, i could synchronize it perfectly etc, no freeze at all and fast reaction when i stop/change song etc. Since it's .ogv , it's reading by the "Allegro" aswell?
Do you think my music path directory count about how it's hard or not to load files from raspberry? (my path directory is in the "media file" wich was create automatically when i installed raspbian)

I also notice that the "page_bkgnd.png" isn't animated when i run WurlyVideo skin. (i'm surprised since i dont remember that i changed anything about that file. If you have any idea of what i could check about that. That effect gives the skin a really cool looking so hope we can fix that part :)

A last question, not about issues but just personnal knowledge about how that works:

In the files there is "unload_song.ogv" + "song-unload.ogv" (2 files about unloading and 2 files about loading song aswell).
I don't undestand why, since they seems to be pretty much the same videos with a different name.

Pierre

kramg

Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm

... there's a new version I'm working on...from memory, the new features are...

• Search feature
  • Genre-specific title strips
  • mp3 streaming (internet radio)
  • Global config via on screen menu
  • scrolling status text
  • audio spectrum analyser
  • autoplay fade
  • more flexible sound effect handling
  • enhanced display object rendering (tint, flip)
HI Mike,

This may seem like a silly question, but, when you say "mp3 streaming" do you mean as a streamer or as a receiver?

Cheers,

- gustav

fruitbox

Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:30 pm

kramg wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm
]

HI Mike,

This may seem like a silly question, but, when you say "mp3 streaming" do you mean as a streamer or as a receiver?

Cheers,

- gustav
Receiver

cynefyl

Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:03 pm

Hey, I finally fixed my issue about ogv files. I installed fruitbox, but didnt check the rest (Allegro, etc) now it's working fine. That wasn't about the hifi hat.
Now my only problem is about the "page_bkgnd.png" wich isn't animated and stay fix. Sorry for the flood i hesitate to edit my last post instead

Pierre

fruitbox

Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 pm

cynefyl wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:03 pm
Hey, I finally fixed my issue about ogv files. I installed fruitbox, but didnt check the rest (Allegro, etc) now it's working fine. That wasn't about the hifi hat.
Now my only problem is about the "page_bkgnd.png" wich isn't animated and stay fix. Sorry for the flood i hesitate to edit my last post instead

Pierre
Hi Pierre

Glad you got the ogv files sorted. The WurlyVideo skin was created by karrika so he may be able to explain why there's two copies of the load_song.ogv and unload_song.ogv. From looking at the skin config file only load_song.ogv and unload_song.ogv are used. Regarding the page background not animating, it works for me so not sure what's wrong there... Try experimenting with the PageMoveStyle values to see if that helps.

EDIT: just had a thought...how many songs do you have? If it's fewer than the number of visible titles then of course the pages won't move as there will only be one screenful of them.

Cheers,
Mike
Last edited by fruitbox on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

karrika

Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:26 am

I must have done something wrong if there is duplicates fo load_song. In my version I have them only once.

Code: Select all

[status]
Video = load_song.ogv
LoopVideo = no
Position = 486 40
Size = 940 580
Contents = status_load.txt
TimerTickPeriod = 1

[status]
Video = unload_song.ogv
LoopVideo = no
Position = 486 40
Size = 940 580
Contents = status_unload.txt
TimerTickPeriod = 1
I am also working on a little "wild" screen for my next retro event. I hope to re-create som typical pinball screens and Atari retro computer game screens. A small sample below:

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”