bluenote

USB sound card, missing/unmapped channels

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 am

Hey folks

I have an old C-media USB500 sound card I'm using out of the parts drawer because I have an old 5.1 computer speaker setup that I want to drive. I have managed to make the usb soundcard the default, and it plays passably. But, it only utilizes the left center and right speakers. Surround left and right seems to come out of the front left and right, and nothing plays for the subwoofer.

Incidently, the same behaviour happens in libreelec. I hope someone can tell me how to adjust this?
thanks

bluenote

Re: USB sound card, missing/unmapped channels

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks for any suggestions!

bluenote

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 am

Obi wan, you're my only hope!

renice123

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:56 am

I know that this is a problem card, I also know that pulseaudio does not work well in Buster, but it is possible pulseaudio works less or less well in Elec. If so, then there are several possible solutions to your problem.
1. Use ALSA settings (yes, the audio subsystem has rich features)
This will cause difficulties if you have not worked with asoundrc, but it will solve many problems. Including it will save you from the clumsy and poorly working program of the German programmer, which still causes numerous problems with the OS (pulseaudio).
2. Turn on pulseaudio. This program is supposedly created specifically for such purposes (like yours), so the setup generally takes two to three minutes. Of course, if pulseaudio will work. And if you are comfortable with the sound.
Put the pulse control graphical interface and then the procedure will be very simple
3. Using jackd is a complex professional solution, but allows for delicate operations. However, the setup will seem complicated at first.

Of course, the easiest way is pulseaudio with a graphical interface. L
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/pulseaudio

Return to “Troubleshooting”