Jodiejoost

can I connect a keyboard and mouse via a raspberry pi to my android phone?

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:21 am

hello,
I have some plans to make some kind of gaming console, using my phone. (a Xiaomi mi 9t).
I want to make some kind of hub to connect my phone on, a keyboard and mouse or a ps4 controller. I want to connect my phone using a hdmi hub to a television or a monitor, and use a keyboard and mouse by connecting my raspberry pi 3B+ via bluethoot to my phone. if i connect my raspberry pi to my phone, it sees the raspberry pi as a raspberry pi. if i connect my ps4 v1 controller (my mobile games don't support this controller, only the V2 one) to my phone, it is seeing my controller as 'wireless controller'. is there any kind of program that i can use to let my phone see my raspberry pi as a 'wireless controller'? so i can use my keyboard and mouse on mobile games like minecraft? or to do the same thing with my controller (but then my phone needs to see the controller as a 'ps4 V2 controller' instead of a 'ps4 V1 controller'. sorry for my english

thanks in advance

LTolledo

Re: can I connect a keyboard and mouse via a raspberry pi to my android phone?

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:27 pm

I'd skip the RPi3B+ in between and just get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, a bluetooth gaming controller to connect to the android phone.

am already using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my old Android 4.2 phone and its much simpler and easier to do....

or you still prefer to think it over and proceed as you planned.... taking additional time (and money) instead of enjoying what you want done immediately on your android phone....
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Imperf3kt

Re: can I connect a keyboard and mouse via a raspberry pi to my android phone?

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 pm

press and hold options and select on the ps4 controller and it'll enter Bluetooth pairing mode, from which you can directly pair it with your phone, avoiding input lag.
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

Rose tinted glasses are difficult to see through.

Return to “Other projects”