sinciusquilnaf

Would it be possible to make an array of Raspberry Pi 4 4GB Run together as a single desktop computer?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 am

Would it be possible to make an array of Raspberry Pi 4 4GB Run together as a single desktop computer? Like if i needed more/faster possessing you'd could add on and code in another Pi4? My over all though was if i could get several of them to posses like a single CPU (Have each one be a different core and have the ability to add more)

Imperf3kt

Re: Would it be possible?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 am

yes and no.
Yes it can be done, but no it won't make a faster computer. At least not the kind you want.

I'm not the best at explaining things, so I'm sure somebody will be along to better explain.
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

fruitoftheloom

Re: Would it be possible?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 am

sinciusquilnaf wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 am
Would it be possible to make an array of Raspberry Pi 4 4GB Run together as a single desktop computer? Like if i needed more/faster possessing you'd could add on and code in another Pi4? My over all though was if i could get several of them to posses like a single CPU (Have each one be a different core and have the ability to add more)

No, not in the way you hope, a Raspberry Pi SBC is as much a computer as a PC or Laptop, you would not try joining them together ?

You can make a cluster for parallel / distributed computing, but you would need to be running software which is suitable for this scenario.....

https://www.pidramble.com/
Rather than negativity think outside the box !

Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer.

Return to “Beginners”