haaldemir

Re: Updated 64-bit Gentoo Image for RPi3 Released (now also for RPi3B+ and RPi4B)

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:40 am

Hi

Its great job. i like it. I have only problem wifi Raspberryi pi 4 wifi doesnt work good. It cant connect.It works on Rasbian. Cable is ok.

sakaki

Re: Updated 64-bit Gentoo Image for RPi3 Released (now also for RPi3B+ and RPi4B)

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:40 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Hi

Its great job. i like it. I have only problem wifi Raspberryi pi 4 wifi doesnt work good. It cant connect.It works on Rasbian. Cable is ok.
Hi haaldemir,

I'd like to get to the bottom of these occasional WiFi issues - while they do not appear to affect most users of the image, some setups are occasionally experiencing difficulty. So, if you don't mind, could you answer the following please?
  • Does your WiFi access point's SSID show up at all under Gentoo? If so with what signal strength?
  • What brand / model of access point are you trying to connect to?
  • When connected on Raspbian (with a 32-bit kernel, presumably?) what does "sudo iwconfig" show (you may need to install wireless-tools first).
  • Have you set your country code (in Gentoo) via Applications -> Settings -> RPi Config Tool (WiFi tab) and rebooted?
  • Are you trying to connect on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band?
If (under Gentoo) NetworkManager can 'see' the access point & it has a reasonable signal strength, but just won't connect to it, try deleting the connection first (sometimes, it can get stuck with bad credentials). You can do this via Applications -> Settings -> Advanced Network Configuration; click on the WiFi connection you are having problems with, then click the "-" (minus) box to delete it, and then try connecting again. When typing in the authentication passphrase, it can also be a sensible idea to click the "Show password" box to make sure some keyboard mapping issue isn't causing problems.

hth, sakaki

Edit: slight rewording
Last edited by sakaki on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakaki

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm

BRX7 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm
I ve tried it another pi which was also working and on that particular kernel and getting the same issue.
something else has changed ? maybe docker version needs to be bumped to fix.

tried clean reinstall and again same problem (reinstalling via PINN)

On the second pi latest kernel 3/12 and nexcloudpi is working fine, so maybe its something else
Is there a series of step-by-step instructions I can use to try to reproduce this issue?

If so, happy to take a look this weekend to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Best, sakaki

haaldemir

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm

sakaki wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:40 pm
haaldemir wrote:
Hi

Hi haaldemir,

I'd like to get to the bottom of these occasional WiFi issues - while they do not appear to affect most users of the image, some setups are occasionally experiencing difficulty. So, if you don't mind, could you answer the following please?
  • Does your WiFi access point's SSID show up at all under Gentoo? If so with what signal strength?
  • What brand / model of access point are you trying to connect to?
  • When connected on Raspbian (with a 32-bit kernel, presumably?) what does "sudo iwconfig" show (you may need to install wireless-tools first).
  • Have you set your country code (in Gentoo) via Applications -> Settings -> RPi Config Tool (WiFi tab) and rebooted?
  • Are you trying to connect on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band?
If (under Gentoo) NetworkManager can 'see' the access point & it has a reasonable signal strength, but just won't connect to it, try deleting the connection first (sometimes, it can get stuck with bad credentials). You can do this via Applications -> Settings -> Advanced Network Configuration; click on the WiFi connection you are having problems with, then click the "-" (minus) box to delete it, and then try connecting again. When typing in the authentication passphrase, it can also be a sensible idea to click the "Show password" box to make sure some keyboard mapping issue isn't causing problems.

hth, sakaki

Edit: slight rewording
Hi Sakaki
Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes i can see ssids double 2.4 and 5 gz into the gentoo
2. I am using Cabletv and cable internet in Turkey, Brand is they supply ubee Evw32c
3 [email protected]:~ $ sudo iwconfig
wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"TURKSAT-KABLONET-4FCD-5G"
Mode:Managed Frequency:5.2 GHz Access Point: 9C:30:5B:C0:4F:D2
Bit Rate=150 Mb/s Tx-Power=31 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on
Link Quality=70/70 Signal level=-9 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

4 Yes i can see Turkey is setted.
5. Sometime not always can connect 2.4 ghz

Thanks

BRX7

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm

sakaki wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 pm
BRX7 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:23 pm
I ve tried it another pi which was also working and on that particular kernel and getting the same issue.
something else has changed ? maybe docker version needs to be bumped to fix.

tried clean reinstall and again same problem (reinstalling via PINN)

On the second pi latest kernel 3/12 and nexcloudpi is working fine, so maybe its something else
Is there a series of step-by-step instructions I can use to try to reproduce this issue?

If so, happy to take a look this weekend to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Best, sakaki
I followed these instructions

I used pihole/pihole:latest as image to pull
And substituted “ pi “ to “demouser” for the volume binds

https://homenetworkguy.com/how-to/insta ... portainer/

Docker from emerge -av app-emulation/docker

sakaki

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:46 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm
1. Yes i can see ssids double 2.4 and 5 gz into the gentoo
5. Sometime not always can connect 2.4 ghz
Thanks! One additional test that'd be useful: if, on Raspbian, you put:

Code: Select all

[pi4]
arm_64bit=1
[all]
at the end of the file /boot/config.txt, and restart your RPi4, you'll be running a 32-bit Raspbian userland under the (official) 64-bit kernel. Confirm this, once rebooted, with "uname -a" (look for aarch64 in the output), and then try to connect to your access point again.

Does Raspbian still connect reliably? (point of this test is to help isolate what role the 64-bit vs 32-bit kernel may be playing here)

Once done, you can remove (or comment out) the above lines in /boot/config.txt and restart. You should then be running the vanilla 32-bit kernel, 32-bit userland Raspbian system again (verify with "uname -a").

Many thanks,

sakaki

haaldemir

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:15 pm

[quote/

[pi4]
arm_64bit=1
[all]
at the end of the file /boot/config.txt, and restart your RPi4, you'll be running a 32-bit Raspbian userland under the (official) 64-bit kernel. Confirm this, once rebooted, with "uname -a" (look for aarch64 in the output), and then try to connect to your access point again.

Does Raspbian still connect reliably? (point of this test is to help isolate what role the 64-bit vs 32-bit kernel may be playing here)

Once done, you can remove (or comment out) the above lines in /boot/config.txt and restart. You should then be running the vanilla 32-bit kernel, 32-bit userland Raspbian system again (verify with "uname -a").

Many thanks,

sakaki
[/quote]

Thank you Sakaki

I am already using this with no issiue :) ( actually i dont know any benefith in Rasbian)

[email protected]:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.19.75-v8+ #1270 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 24 18:59:17 BST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

sakaki

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm

BRX7 wrote:

So, I tried running through these instructions, updating to the latest version of Docker on the binhost (v19.03.5), and saw the same error as you reported regarding lighttpd.

I got it to disappear by running the container in privileged mode (which isn't ideal of course). Perhaps it is to do with the capabilities associated with Docker or the container itself (also note: the Gentoo build does use seccomp)? Anyway run this way it seems to come up fine:

Perhaps someone on the pihole dev team has seen something like this before and can give you a better steer?

hth, sakaki

sakaki

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:47 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:15 pm
I am already using this with no issiue :) ( actually i dont know any benefith in Rasbian)

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.75-v8+ #1270 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 24 18:59:17 BST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux
So, there are really four main possibilities for differences between the Raspbian and Gentoo images that may be causing problems for your setup:
  1. A driver issue caused by using the 64-bit, rather than 32-bit, kernel / kernel configuration / module set (seems less likely given you report your system works with the official 64-bit kernel OK, but still worth checking the particular version used)*
  2. A loadable firmware / configuration difference (/lib/firmware/brcm/...)
  3. A userland library / app difference (for example, the current Gentoo image uses NetworkManager, not wpa_supplicant)
  4. A userland or boot config difference (for example, turning wifi power management off, country localization, etc).
It'd be very useful, if you had the time, if you could write a fresh, 'disposable' Raspbian image to a spare uSD card, and then try some steps to determine which of the above may be relevant (I'd happily buy a second-hand Ubee Evw32c to try this myself, but I can't find anyone selling this model online).

If you do want to try this - and there's no obligation of course! - then please write a Raspbian "with desktop" image as usual, boot it, do the regular setup wizard dance, set arm_64bit=1 in /boot/config.txt, reboot, and ensure that your WiFi is working fine, both at 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Then, on this 'disposable' Raspbian image, update to the same 64-bit kernel as used on the current gentoo-on-rpi-64bit image. Running as root, issue:

# wget -cO- https://github.com/sakaki-/bcm2711-kernel-bis/releases/download/4.19.86.20191126/bcm2711-kernel-bis-4.19.86.20191126.tar.xz | tar -xJf- -C /
# sync
Once complete, add the following stanza into the end of /boot/config.txt:

[pi4]
kernel=kernel8-p4.img
[all]
and reboot. Check that you are using the correct kernel via "uname -a" / "lsmod", and then test your WiFi again. Is it still running OK at this stage? (This will be a more robust test of point 1, above; if all still good we can proceed to test 2)

Thanks, sakaki

* technically, differences in the /boot firmware might also be at issue, although the EEPROM-based design of the RPi4 makes this somewhat less likely, provided the same board is used for all tests.

haaldemir

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi Sakaki,

I will try your steps, i will let you know. I tried gentoo with (again with pinn) raspberry 3b+ on same wifi 5 ghz (ubee) connected without no problem on 3b+. Problem pi 4.

Regards

haaldemir

Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi Sakaki

Did i understand correctly?

I will prepare fresh instal only rasbian and after setup i will add config arm_64bit=1. Then update and test 2.4 and 5gz?

Later i will write terminal your codes in rasbian?

So check wifi still working on rasbian?

Sorry my english not good

BRX7

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:06 pm

sakaki wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm
BRX7 wrote:

So, I tried running through these instructions, updating to the latest version of Docker on the binhost (v19.03.5), and saw the same error as you reported regarding lighttpd.

I got it to disappear by running the container in privileged mode (which isn't ideal of course). Perhaps it is to do with the capabilities associated with Docker or the container itself (also note: the Gentoo build does use seccomp)? Anyway run this way it seems to come up fine:

Perhaps someone on the pihole dev team has seen something like this before and can give you a better steer?

hth, sakaki
Thanks for your reply, I cant get .5 to install its only shows v .4 i did emaint and genup , should I unmask it? If so how do i create the file.
Regarding privelaged mode you mean sudo? Even after adding userdemo in docker group?

sakaki

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:03 pm
Hi Sakaki

Did i understand correctly?

I will prepare fresh instal only rasbian and after setup i will add config arm_64bit=1. Then update and test 2.4 and 5gz?

Later i will write terminal your codes in rasbian?

So check wifi still working on rasbian?

Sorry my english not good
Yes, please:
  • Write a fresh Raspbian install to an unused uSD card
  • Boot it on your RPi4, go through the initial setup wizard (set locale etc)
  • Set arm_64bit=1 into /boot/config.txt, reboot (to start using official 64-bit kernel)
  • Check 2.4GHz, 5GHz WiFi still working
  • Follow my terminal instructions above (as root, in this Raspbian system) to install the 4.19.86 64-bit kernel used on the Gentoo image (please don't forget to set kernel=kernel8-p4.img in /boot/config.txt also, as mentioned there).
  • Reboot, verify you are running the updated kernel (with "uname -a")
  • Check kernel modules have loaded OK (with "lsmod")
  • Check if 2.4GHz, 5GHz WiFi still working.
If WiFi all still works after this, we can (pretty much) discount the 64-bit kernel as the source of the problem, and move onto the uploadable firmware. I'll post more instructions for that once you've got through this step.

Many thanks for taking the time out to pin this down!

Best, sakaki

sakaki

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:24 pm

BRX7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:06 pm
Thanks for your reply, I cant get .5 to install its only shows v .4 i did emaint and genup , should I unmask it? If so how do i create the file.
Regarding privelaged mode you mean sudo? Even after adding userdemo in docker group?
So, if you did a genup recently (yesterday e.g.) you should have the new docker available (I upgraded a fresh image to do the test above this way). But if not, you can always upgrade docker manually, as follows:

[email protected] ~ $ sudo emaint sync --repo gentoo
[email protected] ~ $ sudo emaint sync --repo genpi64
[email protected] ~ $ sudo eix-sync -0
[email protected] ~ $ sudo emerge -vu app-emulation/docker
(that's a zero in the eix-sync line)

Then, as to privileged mode, this has nothing to do with the docker command-line utility (which you don't need sudo for, if demouser is in the docker group - as it should be following the instructions you linked).

Rather, it is a property of the pihole container. To set it, first select your Pihole container using the portainer GUI (click its checkbox), and stop it. Once stopped, a new action button to "Duplicate / edit" (or similar, the exact text will depend on your portainer version, I think they used to use "Edit or replace"...) will appear - click this button.

In the config screen that then appears, scroll down to the "Advanced container settings" section and click on the "Runtime & Resources" tab. Then turn on the "Privileged mode" slider (you can see this slider in the browser window at the back on the screenshot in my post above, around the middle of the screen). Once done, click on "Deploy the container" - portainer will ask you if you want to replace your existing container with the same name; accept this.

With that done, your Pihole container should start up fine. Actually I'd guess these instructions would work even on the v19.03.4 docker.

The underlying permissions issue though (worked around by turning privileged mode on) I would speculate is something to do with either the capability bounding set applied to the docker daemon, or to the default docker seccomp filter (used for this package on Gentoo).

hth, sakaki

haaldemir

Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi Sakaki

[/quote]
haaldemir
Yes, please:
  • Write a fresh Raspbian install to an unused uSD card
  • Boot it on your RPi4, go through the initial setup wizard (set locale etc)
  • Set arm_64bit=1 into /boot/config.txt, reboot (to start using official 64-bit kernel)
  • Check 2.4GHz, 5GHz WiFi still working
    [/quote]

Yes i did it and both frekans work very well in newly and added 64 bit kernel or (like that) work goods 2.4 and 5 ghz.

[/quote=sakaki
  • Follow my terminal instructions above (as root, in this Raspbian system) to install the 4.19.86 64-bit kernel used on the Gentoo image (please don't forget to set kernel=kernel8-p4.img in /boot/config.txt also, as mentioned there).
  • Reboot, verify you are running the updated kernel (with "uname -a")
  • Check kernel modules have loaded OK (with "lsmod")
  • Check if 2.4GHz, 5GHz WiFi still working.
[/quote]

İ added as you say

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 26 14:00:29 GMT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux
[email protected]:~ $

[email protected]:~ $ lsmod
Module Size Used by
rfcomm 53248 4
bnep 20480 2
hci_uart 45056 1
btbcm 16384 1 hci_uart
serdev 20480 1 hci_uart
bluetooth 442368 29 hci_uart,btbcm,bnep,rfcomm
ecdh_generic 28672 1 bluetooth
fuse 118784 3
8021q 36864 0
garp 16384 1 8021q
stp 16384 1 garp
llc 16384 2 stp,garp
hid_logitech_hidpp 36864 0
brcmfmac 319488 0
brcmutil 20480 1 brcmfmac
vc4 204800 5
sha256_generic 20480 0
drm_kms_helper 204800 2 vc4
joydev 24576 0
evdev 24576 18
cfg80211 761856 1 brcmfmac
cec 49152 1 vc4
v3d 73728 3
gpu_sched 28672 1 v3d
hid_logitech_dj 20480 0
snd_soc_core 217088 1 vc4
drm 516096 10 gpu_sched,drm_kms_helper,v3d,vc4
snd_compress 20480 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine 16384 1 snd_soc_core
rfkill 32768 6 bluetooth,cfg80211
snd_bcm2835 32768 2
snd_pcm 126976 4 vc4,snd_bcm2835,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
bcm2835_codec 40960 0
raspberrypi_hwmon 16384 0
hwmon 20480 1 raspberrypi_hwmon
v4l2_mem2mem 28672 1 bcm2835_codec
snd_timer 40960 1 snd_pcm
bcm2835_v4l2 49152 0
bcm2835_mmal_vchiq 32768 2 bcm2835_codec,bcm2835_v4l2
drm_panel_orientation_quirks 20480 1 drm
videobuf2_dma_contig 20480 1 bcm2835_codec
v4l2_common 16384 1 bcm2835_v4l2
syscopyarea 16384 1 drm_kms_helper
videobuf2_vmalloc 16384 1 bcm2835_v4l2
sysfillrect 16384 1 drm_kms_helper
snd 86016 9 snd_bcm2835,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm
sysimgblt 16384 1 drm_kms_helper
fb_sys_fops 16384 1 drm_kms_helper
videobuf2_memops 16384 2 videobuf2_vmalloc,videobuf2_dma_contig
videobuf2_v4l2 28672 3 bcm2835_codec,bcm2835_v4l2,v4l2_mem2mem
videobuf2_common 49152 4 bcm2835_codec,videobuf2_v4l2,bcm2835_v4l2,v4l2_mem2mem
videodev 249856 6 bcm2835_codec,v4l2_common,videobuf2_v4l2,bcm2835_v4l2,videobuf2_common,v4l2_mem2mem
vc_sm_cma 36864 5 bcm2835_mmal_vchiq
media 40960 3 videodev,bcm2835_codec,v4l2_mem2mem
rpivid_mem 16384 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 16384 0
fixed 16384 0
uio 20480 1 uio_pdrv_genirq
i2c_dev 20480 0
ip_tables 28672 0
x_tables 40960 1 ip_tables
ipv6 507904 38
[email protected]:~ $

First Wifi connected but mostly lost connection. than it connect rapidy. After reboot no lost connection now works good.

regards

sakaki

Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:21 pm
First Wifi connected but mostly lost connection. than it connect rapidy. After reboot no lost connection now works good.
Thank you.

So if I understand correctly, then under the 64-bit 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis+ kernel / stock 32-bit Raspbian userland, WiFi works correctly for you on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

If so then we can largely discount the kernel as the main issue (modulo any blocked modules etc.), since you are now running one identical to that used on the v1.5.2 Gentoo release.

Next, let's look at possibility 2 from the list:
sakaki wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:47 pm
  1. A driver issue caused by using the 64-bit, rather than 32-bit, kernel / kernel configuration / module set (seems less likely given you report your system works with the official 64-bit kernel OK, but still worth checking the particular version used)*
  2. A loadable firmware / configuration difference (/lib/firmware/brcm/...)
  3. A userland library / app difference (for example, the current Gentoo image uses NetworkManager, not wpa_supplicant)
  4. A userland or boot config difference (for example, turning wifi power management off, country localization, etc).
To do so, on the 'disposable' Raspbian image you just used for the kernel test, as root issue:

# mv -v /lib/firmware /lib/firmware.orig
# wget -cO- https://www.isshoni.org/pi64pie/sys-kernel/linux-firmware-20191108.tbz2 | tar -xjf- -C /
# wget -cO- https://www.isshoni.org/pi64pie/sys-firmware/brcm43430-firmware-20190812.tbz2 | tar -xjf- -C /
# sync
This will download the Gentoo XPAK binary package files for the primary constituents of /lib/firmware on the current Gentoo image, and install them. You may see "bzip2: (stdin): trailing garbage after EOF ignored" printed - you can safely ignore this (it is just the Gentoo metadata at the end of the binary package file).

Once you have executed the above commands on your RPi4, please reboot and then try WiFi again. How does it perform now?

best, sakaki

haaldemir

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Sakaki

Thanks. Later in Rasbian raspberrypi 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis kernel there are no problem wifi. both 2.4 and 5gz.

But i did it now and reboot Gentoo in same kernel 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis+ unfortunately wifi doesn work as before. Both of 5 and 2.4 ghz not working. It ask me password again. I am very sure it is right. (i enter 18 different device all they accept it, gentoo in raspberry pi4 did not. Today one time connected, but no internet (wifi connected and later disconnected itself)
But i told before rasbberry pi 3b+ gento wifi woks very well.

i hope next update solve abut pi4

sakaki

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 pm

haaldemir wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Hi Sakaki

Thanks. Later in Rasbian raspberrypi 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis kernel there are no problem wifi. both 2.4 and 5gz.

But i did it now and reboot Gentoo in same kernel 4.19.86-v8-c078c64fecb3-p4-bis+ unfortunately wifi doesn work as before. Both of 5 and 2.4 ghz not working. It ask me password again. I am very sure it is right. (i enter 18 different device all they accept it, gentoo in raspberry pi4 did not. Today one time connected, but no internet (wifi connected and later disconnected itself)
But i told before rasbberry pi 3b+ gento wifi woks very well.

i hope next update solve abut pi4
Hi haaldemir,

so, to be clear the firmware changes I suggested should have been made on your (test) Raspbian, not Gentoo image.

hth, sakaki

haaldemir

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi Sakaki,
Aha sorry last one i though for rasbian. Anyway i am adding rasbian now. How i can recover from gentoo or leave it?

Regards

haaldemir

Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm

I added rasbian an yes did not work wifi. Sometime connected but no internet mostly not connected on rasbian. Never connected internet with this firmware on rasbian.

Regards

sakaki

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 am

haaldemir wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 pm
Hi Sakaki,
Aha sorry last one i though for rasbian. Anyway i am adding rasbian now. How i can recover from gentoo or leave it?

Regards
OK, if you followed the instructions above, then to recover the original firmware directory on Gentoo, simply issue:

pi64 ~ # mv -v /lib/firmware /lib/firmware.bad
pi64 ~ # mv -v /lib/firmware.orig /lib/firmware
and reboot. Hopefully everything should then be back the way it was. Do things work as before now?
haaldemir wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm
I added rasbian an yes did not work wifi. Sometime connected but no internet mostly not connected on rasbian. Never connected internet with this firmware on rasbian.

Regards
OK, thanks. This is interesting, as it suggests the problem may lie in differences in the /lib/firmware directory (between Gentoo and Raspbian).

First, can you please check, on Raspbian, that if you restore the original firmware again, WiFi will go back to working (with the 64-bit kernel etc.)

To do so, on your test Raspbian image, please issue (as root):

# mv -v /lib/firmware /lib/firmware.bad
# mv -v /lib/firmware.orig /lib/firmware
and reboot. Verify that WiFi is now working again.

Assuming that it is working again, please run:

# md5sum /lib/firmware.bad/brcm/brcmfmac434*
and

# md5sum /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac434*
and report the results here.

many thanks, sakaki

haaldemir

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Sakaki
sakaki wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:23 am

# mv -v /lib/firmware /lib/firmware.bad
# mv -v /lib/firmware.orig /lib/firmware

and

Yes after codes (mv****) wifi works again very vell
then codes (md5****) wifi still working good

regards

sakaki

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:21 pm

OK, that's great -

could you please post the output of those md5sum commands please?

Thanks, sakaki

haaldemir

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi Sakaki

How?
I cant understand correcly. I write in terminal. After that i close terminal window. How i can do it now?
Regards

sakaki

Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:08 am

haaldemir wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:36 pm
How?
I cant understand correcly. I write in terminal. After that i close terminal window. How i can do it now?
Regards
Assuming you are running the full (GUI) version of the image, and your internet connection works, you can just issue the commands in the terminal:

then select all the output with the mouse, scrolling up if necessary, then use File->Copy to copy it to the clipboard (or Shift-Ctrl-c) and then open one of the web browsers on the image (firefox or chromium), compose a response in this forum, and paste (Ctrl-v) your output there.

Or do you mean you are connecting in via ssh?

hth, sakaki

Return to “Gentoo”