darthlink

disable emulationstation from boot

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello everyone, here is the situation.

I have recently re-formated my pie to install the new version and everything was working perfectly.

Then i went to install retropie and that too was working ok.

My issue is that before i install retropie, when i was booting or rebooting, it always went back in to the xwindows as autologin. Now whe i boot or reboot, it goes straight into command line. Well actually it kinda goes into graphical interface for about 10 seconds then it fall back into command line.

I do know how to get back to graphic by typing: startx

That is of from when i am home but when i want to connect with VNC, i cannot reboot or else i am doomed.

I believe it is because somehow emulationstion is in the raspbian boot file and may boot in the background to be ready.

Even when i went to raspi-config to make sure it boot into desktop, it does not change anything. its still fall back to commande line after 10 seconds or so.

I would like to know if there is a way to disable emulationstation from the raspbian boot so that whenever i boot or reboot, it does not go or fall back into command lines please?

Thank you very much.

P.S. i have the raspberrypî 3 B+

SkywalkerSW5

Re: disable emulationstation from boot

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:52 am

I don't know for sure, but try going into the RetroPie settings ( the one that looks like raspi-config), go to Advanced Settings, and I think its EmulatonStation or boot or startup or something like that config. That should show some settings about Startup.
Random dude. Likes dogs. And Linux. Complete NOOB.

darthlink

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 am

Thank you very much for your reply but after all, i manage to fix it.

I had to go through emulationstation configuration to disable the splashscreen and to change the boot to desktop.

Now its all ok.

afcneo

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:28 pm

darthlink wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:56 am
Thank you very much for your reply but after all, i manage to fix it.

I had to go through emulationstation configuration to disable the splashscreen and to change the boot to desktop.

Now its all ok.
How did you do it? Could you please explain better, I would like to install Retropie, but I want the Raspbian desktop to continue to start automatically.

Return to “Gaming”