efftee
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:15 pm

SD Card Speed for RPi4

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:56 am

Hi all,

While preparing the purchase of a RPi4, I'm looking for specs on the SD card speed supported.

I've known for a fact that the RPi3B+ supports SD card up to Class 10 (10Mo/s) max.

Has this spec evolved with the RPi4 ?

Can I plan for example to move onto UHS class 3 or even V class 60 or 90 ?
(And hence hoping for faster transfer i/o speeds on the SD Card ?)

Best regards,

For reference :
1.png
1.png (10.16 KiB) Viewed 344 times
2.png
2.png (8.05 KiB) Viewed 344 times
3.png
3.png (11.05 KiB) Viewed 344 times

pcmanbob
Posts: 8347
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Mansfield UK

Re: SD Card Speed for RPi4

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:03 am

I suggest you have a read of this thread

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=244416

there are a lot more threads about SD cards try this in you preferred search engine

"Best sd card for pi site:raspberrypi.org/forums/"
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 22047
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: SD Card Speed for RPi4

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 am

efftee wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:56 am
Hi all,

While preparing the purchase of a RPi4, I'm looking for specs on the SD card speed supported.

I've known for a fact that the RPi3B+ supports SD card up to Class 10 (10Mo/s) max.

Has this spec evolved with the RPi4 ?

Can I plan for example to move onto UHS class 3 or even V class 60 or 90 ?
(And hence hoping for faster transfer i/o speeds on the SD Card ?)

Best regards,

https://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards
Retired disgracefully.....
......to an uncomplicated life !

Rather than negativity think outside the box !

efftee
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Re: SD Card Speed for RPi4

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:16 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:03 am
I suggest you have a read of this thread

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=244416

there are a lot more threads about SD cards try this in you preferred search engine

"Best sd card for pi site:raspberrypi.org/forums/"

Ok. Thanks !

efftee
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Re: SD Card Speed for RPi4

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 am
efftee wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:56 am
Hi all,

While preparing the purchase of a RPi4, I'm looking for specs on the SD card speed supported.

I've known for a fact that the RPi3B+ supports SD card up to Class 10 (10Mo/s) max.

Has this spec evolved with the RPi4 ?

Can I plan for example to move onto UHS class 3 or even V class 60 or 90 ?
(And hence hoping for faster transfer i/o speeds on the SD Card ?)

Best regards,

https://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards

Excellent. Thank you.

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”