blueagent

HDMI to VGA Converter w/Audio from Pi-Supply.com

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 am

i found a hdmi to vga converter with audio port from pi supply, which is this one:

https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/hdmi- ... 2835932277
Customer REVIEW: Little tweaking in config file and it works! Thank you!
i want to buy this but from reading the review, it seems some work is require to get it to work.

has anyone used this before and can tell me it ifs really difficult to set up?

i'm running lakka so i don't know if other pi's distro's config file will work for me.

what are my other options for hdmi to vga? i read the old threads here and someone mentioned that the pi3 doesn't give enough power in the hdmi port so generic hdmi to vga adapter with audio ports is mostly a hit or miss. i have no idea if there are any other ones that'll work with the pi3

does anyone have any other recommendations other than the pi-supply one?

thanks so much for letting me know!

PiGraham

Re: HDMI to VGA Converter w/Audio from Pi-Supply.com

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:59 am

I'm not sure why tweaking of config should be required. I have tried a dew HDMI-VGA adaptors and they just worked.
It may depend what monitor you use. Perhaps the reviewer had to specify a screen resolution or set hdmi_force_hotplug because their monitor didn't get detected properly.

Details on options here
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... t/video.md

You could try it and see. If you have problems they will probably be fairly easy to sort out.

DougieLawson

Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 am

blueagent wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 am
I found a hdmi to vga converter with audio port from pi supply, which is this one:

https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/hdmi- ... 2835932277
Customer REVIEW: Little tweaking in config file and it works! Thank you!
I want to buy this but from reading the review, it seems some work is require to get it to work.
My one worked out of the box in every Raspberry I've ever tried it with. No config tweaking needed unless you've already coded something like

Code: Select all

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=81
You may need to have

Code: Select all

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
coded in there.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

blueagent

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:54 am

thanks so much for clearing this up for me and for providing the config solution, i definitely need it incase it doesn't work.

i found some converters that can draw additional power through a usb cable, i think i'll go buy one of those and give it a try.

Return to “Beginners”