theraspguy

Streaming Android Mic audio to Raspberry Pi and playing it

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I want to create an Android app where the app records live microphone audio from my Android phone and then sends that live audio over UDP to my Raspberry Pi. Then I want the Raspberry Pi to play this audio using a speaker that I have connected to it. I found many ways to stream live audio from an Android app over UDP to a server. How would I make this server on the Raspberry Pi and make it tell the Raspberry Pi to play audio. I mainly need help on the receiving end where the Raspberry Pi receives the audio but it wold also be good if you gave me some tips about how to code the Android app. So basically how will I make the Raspberry Pi play the live microphone audio?

Do I use the Apache web server I have already installed on the Raspberry Pi or should I use VLC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

stalker145

Re: Streaming Android Mic audio to Raspberry Pi and playing

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 pm

You could take the easy way out and use a VOIP application. No muss, no fuss. It would be just like making a phone call from the Android to the Pi.

Aaron
Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

DougieLawson

Re: Streaming Android Mic audio to Raspberry Pi and playing

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:05 pm

stalker145 wrote:You could take the easy way out and use a VOIP application. No muss, no fuss. It would be just like making a phone call from the Android to the Pi.

Aaron
Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
There's an article in The MagPi Issue 26 about setting up FreeBX & Asterisk on a Raspberry Pi.
http://themagpi.com

I got that working with Linphone on my Win8.1 system and Zoiper on my Android tablet.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

azwan987123

Re: Streaming Android Mic audio to Raspberry Pi and playing it

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:28 pm

theraspguy wrote:
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 pm
I want to create an Android app where the app records live microphone audio from my Android phone and then sends that live audio over UDP to my Raspberry Pi. Then I want the Raspberry Pi to play this audio using a speaker that I have connected to it. I found many ways to stream live audio from an Android app over UDP to a server. How would I make this server on the Raspberry Pi and make it tell the Raspberry Pi to play audio. I mainly need help on the receiving end where the Raspberry Pi receives the audio but it wold also be good if you gave me some tips about how to code the Android app. So basically how will I make the Raspberry Pi play the live microphone audio?

Do I use the Apache web server I have already installed on the Raspberry Pi or should I use VLC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If u already this solved project can u help me because im trying to do same project ASAP

Return to “Networking and servers”