Wyke wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 am
...but I understand very little of the last paragraph to benefit from it without further guidance.
when you get a new one... come back and we'll guide ya'
Suggested parts list:
1. Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (RPi3B+)
2. at least 60GB SSD (Solid State Drive), any brand will do. (examples are from Sandisk, Crucial, Silicon Power, etc)
3. SATA to USB 3.0 cable adapter (preferably Eluteng Blue or Black, Inateck UA1003, etc)
4. Power supply Unit 5v 2.5A (no phone/tablet/whatever chargers please!). If you can get the RPF Power Supply then much better, guaranteed peace of mind.
5. Case designed for the RPi3B+, better with some heatsinks and/or fan ( or just get the FLIRC case designed for the RPi3B+)
assuming you already have the following
1. USB keyboard and Mouse
2. HDMI monitor (or your HDMI equipped TV)
optional if monitor has no built in speakers: a set of powered speakers