Kalison

Apex Legends and Raspberry Pi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Are such wonderful game as Apex Legends and Raspberry Pi compatible? I've tried a couple of times - and it's working not all right I suppose. And can I also install VPN software to change my geolocation and make the game work faster?

topguy

Re: Apex Legends and Raspberry Pi

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Are such wonderful game as Apex Legends and Raspberry Pi compatible?
Absolutely not.
I've tried a couple of times -
I so wonder what you have tried since installing Apex would require EA Origin which would not be possible to install either.
And can I also install VPN software to change my geolocation and make the game work faster?
How on earth would a VPN make the game "work faster" ? Are you just trolling us ?

trejan

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:10 pm

topguy wrote:
How on earth would a VPN make the game "work faster" ? Are you just trolling us ?
It sounds nuts initially but this is actually a legitimate service. The logic behind it is that your Internet traffic is routed by your ISP via the lowest cost link which may not be the fastest/shortest link. Look at a BGP looking glass or just run traceroute and you'll see some traffic going in really bizarre routes.

The "gaming VPN" services have more direct routes between their nodes so your gaming traffic enters their network and then exits again somewhere close to the game server. Hopefully it is a better route than if your traffic had taken the usual routing by your ISP.

Imperf3kt

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:25 pm

trejan wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:10 pm
topguy wrote:
It sounds nuts initially but this is actually a legitimate service. The logic behind it is that your Internet traffic is routed by your ISP via the lowest cost link which may not be the fastest/shortest link. Look at a BGP looking glass or just run traceroute and you'll see some traffic going in really bizarre routes.

The "gaming VPN" services have more direct routes between their nodes so your gaming traffic enters their network and then exits again somewhere close to the game server. Hopefully it is a better route than if your traffic had taken the usual routing by your ISP.
An unfortunate downside of which is it absolutely kills your ping, and in the world of online gaming, ping is king.
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

Kalison

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:46 am

I think right VPN service can make a game faster. I've tried it already with EA Anthem and an other IP and other routes really work. Now i want to try some of these VPNs: https://www.wizcase.com/blog/tip-to-fix ... gends-lag/. I don't know if it really works with Apex Legends because feel like a newbie but it would be a kind of experiment.

Return to “Gaming”