recklessop

Rpi 4 not booting doesn’t have 3.3v

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 pm

I just received my pi 4 (4gb) today,

It has a solid red light and a solid green light. I tried to reprogram the eeprom but it doesn’t do anything.

So I broke out the multimeter. 5v pin reads 5.05

However the 3.3v pin only reads 1.38v

I believe this would cause it to not even read its eeprom because it’s so far undervolt.

Is there anything I can do to avoid an rma to the distributor?

pcmanbob

Re: Rpi 4 not booting doesn’t have 3.3v

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 am

Assuming you are actually measure the 3.3v on the correct pins and you have a good connection
then if the 3.3v is really 1.35v then no repair is not possible as far as I am aware contacting your supplier is your only option.

but before you do that what happens if you try booting your pi with no SD card installed and what power supply are you using.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

recklessop

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am

pcmanbob wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 am
Assuming you are actually measure the 3.3v on the correct pins and you have a good connection
then if the 3.3v is really 1.35v then no repair is not possible as far as I am aware contacting your supplier is your only option.

but before you do that what happens if you try booting your pi with no SD card installed and what power supply are you using.
Thanks for the reply!

i have used two different power supplies, one is designed for an android phone, rated at 18w, and the other is a rav power 6 port 60w charger.

Both power supplies have powered other pi4's and pi3's successfully.

If i measure the same pins and voltage on other boards and do get 3.3~

When you remove the Sd card and boot without it, the green light is still on solid, as is the red light.

pcmanbob

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:46 am

Booting a p4 without an SD card should make the Green LED blink 4 times with a break and then repeat , so it looks like your pi is faulty , time to contact the supplier, assuming its not been caused by you connecting some thing to the gpio pins.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

recklessop

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:19 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:46 am
Booting a p4 without an SD card should make the Green LED blink 4 times with a break and then repeat , so it looks like your pi is faulty , time to contact the supplier, assuming its not been caused by you connecting some thing to the gpio pins.
thats what i figured. Nothing has been connected to the GPIO (except the multimeter for testing) :(

Thanks for your confirmation!

Return to “Troubleshooting”