BespokeTech

OKdo - Anyone else not received delivery yet?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi All,

I ordered my Pi 4 from okdo.com on Thursday eve and paid for premium delivery. The order was processed and I received a shipping notification on Friday. I expected it to arrive on Saturday but it didn't, which I put down to non weekend delivery by there couriers, but now 16:45 on Monday and still no delivery :(

Has anybody else had the same? I have emailed them already in the early afternoon but I have heard nothing back from them yet.

bunklung

Re: OKdo - Anyone else not received delivery yet?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:42 pm

I did not pay for premium shipping. I did get an odd tracking number, but it doesn't seem to work.

Mine does say shipped. I ordered on Sunday, yesterday.

BespokeTech

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm

bunklung wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:42 pm
I did not pay for premium shipping. I did get an odd tracking number, but it doesn't seem to work.

Mine does say shipped. I ordered on Sunday, yesterday.
It would appear you don’t get a tracking number even with the premium delivery service. I thought being part of the RS group OKdo would be a safe pair or hands. But looking through there website it is somewhat lacking especially getting in contact for delivery problems etc.

Will be sticking with my usual reputable suppliers in the future.

Roken

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm

I can't complain. Ordered premium Thursday afternoon, and arrived midday Friday.
Headless PI. OMG, someone cut it's head off. Oh, hang on. it didn't have one to start with.

The German

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Ordered last week, and received the order confirmation. A day later a shipping confirmation with no tracking number. Tried to check the order number, but the system does not recognize the order number. Started numerous attempts to get an update to no avail. No response to e-mails, or facebook posts.

I sent a request to raspberrypi.org to have okdo.com removed from the list of trusted resellers. To me it looks like a big scam and my next step will be getting my money back through paypal/my credict card company and informing law enforcement in the U.S. and U.K. about a company that is most likely running an internet fraud.

If I had known that these artists are not even U.S. based (despite being listed as a U.S. reseller here on the site), I would have never ordered there.

bunklung

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:34 pm

I was dispointed to find out they are not US based. They are not shipping from the US.

The good news is that's it's in stock. 10 days is slow, but August is 4 weeks away for some of the US distributors restock.

BespokeTech

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm

The German wrote:
Ordered last week, and received the order confirmation. A day later a shipping confirmation with no tracking number. Tried to check the order number, but the system does not recognize the order number. Started numerous attempts to get an update to no avail. No response to e-mails, or facebook posts.

I sent a request to raspberrypi.org to have okdo.com removed from the list of trusted resellers. To me it looks like a big scam and my next step will be getting my money back through paypal/my credict card company and informing law enforcement in the U.S. and U.K. about a company that is most likely running an internet fraud.

If I had known that these artists are not even U.S. based (despite being listed as a U.S. reseller here on the site), I would have never ordered there.
The company is not a scam, it's run by the same people who own RS Components. I thought however that it would be a trading name/style of RS Components and deliver the same reliability that RS deliver, but thus far that is not the case from my experience. I agree with you though it is a little daft to list them as US stockists based on the fact that they are able to ship to the US. By all means people should be offered as many channels as possible to acquire the PI 4 but it should be clearly marked that it is being shipped from another country.

BespokeTech

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Roken wrote:
I can't complain. Ordered premium Thursday afternoon, and arrived midday Friday.
Hi Roken,

Do you know who the courier company was that delivered it to you and did you get a tracking number?

The German

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Well, if they are not a scam, they do an amazing job looking like one in my books... I had enough and filed an internet fraud claim with my credit card company and started the paypal buyer protection coverage.

I can live with them not being in the U.S., even though them being listed as U.S. seller is deceptive. The part I cannot and will not accept is not responding to any communication attempts, providing incorrect and incomplete information about having things shipped - and mostly, not even a way to verify the order is in their system.

The sad part is that one rotten egg in the game is ruining the raspberry pi foundation's reputation. If I were them, I would remove them from their list of vendors as soon as possible and never ever even talk to them again.

BespokeTech wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm
The German wrote:

The company is not a scam, it's run by the same people who own RS Components. I thought however that it would be a trading name/style of RS Components and deliver the same reliability that RS deliver, but thus far that is not the case from my experience. I agree with you though it is a little daft to list them as US stockists based on the fact that they are able to ship to the US. By all means people should be offered as many channels as possible to acquire the PI 4 but it should be clearly marked that it is being shipped from another country.

Roken

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:35 pm

BespokeTech wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm
Roken wrote:
Hi Roken,

Do you know who the courier company was that delivered it to you and did you get a tracking number?
Unfortunately not. I ordered for delivery at work, and it was received by reception. I'll ask tomorrow if they know and post back.
Headless PI. OMG, someone cut it's head off. Oh, hang on. it didn't have one to start with.

HawaiianPi

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Oh well, at least that explains why their "standard" shipping takes so long (12 days to USA west coast).

I didn't order from them, for that reason.

They should be removed from the list of USA sellers.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

bunklung

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Yeah, I would like it a bit more clear where the product is shipping from on their site.

BTW, it's back in stock, board only:

https://www.okdo.com/us/shop/raspberry- ... oard-only/

Paeryn

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:34 am

They don't have a very good understanding of basic maths. On the RPi4 product page (ignoring the horrible animations when scrolling), when it gets to Memory they say "50% more memory". The previous boards maxed out at 1GB, 50% of that is 0.5GB so by their calculations the RPi4 has 1.5GB which is not an option, the only options relative to the highest available on previous models are :- the same amount of memory, 100% more memory or 300% more memory.
She who travels light — forgot something.

BespokeTech

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 am

Just received my delivery still wont be using OKdo in the future though.

FYI... The courier used for my delivery was Hermes.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:18 am

Here's OkDO....https://www.electrocomponents.com/media ... /04042019a

Note the Electrocomponents, with their RS subsidiary, are actually one of the manufacturers of the Raspberry Pi, so dropping OkDO would not be possible!

We have escalated issues of delivery with OkDo themselves.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

HawaiianPi

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:29 am

jamesh wrote:
...are actually one of the manufacturers of the Raspberry Pi, so dropping OkDO would not be possible!
But why do they come up as a USA seller, when they're not in the USA?

jamesh

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am

HawaiianPi wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:29 am
jamesh wrote:
...are actually one of the manufacturers of the Raspberry Pi, so dropping OkDO would not be possible!
But why do they come up as a USA seller, when they're not in the USA?
No idea. I have passed this up the chain of command...
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

HawaiianPi

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:51 am

jamesh wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am
No idea. I have passed this up the chain of command...
Thanks, jamesh (I don't think we say that enough around here). Image

wallasey

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am

In UK. Shipping notification received early Friday. Paid for premium delivery. It's Tuesday. No Pi so far.

Update Edit - delivered by Hermes at 13:30. I suppose that's 2 business days.
Last edited by wallasey on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The German

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks for the explanation. As they are not Electrocomponents, but merely a very lame daughter company that has no clue what they are doing, it should be no problem whatsoever having them removed. The manufacturer may be doing a good job, What okdo delivers (or not delivers...) is utterly pathetic and looks like a bunch of 5th graders try to run an ecommerce store (sorry 5th graders...).

Update: To their credit, after reaching out to them on Facebook, somebody responded and explained that the volume of orders and inquiries is currently beyond their capacity/capabilities. They provided a "Hermes" tracking number, which when checked only was a label created, nothing was shipped (almost a week after ordering an in stock rpi-4gb). So, maybe it is a bit too harsh calling them a scam, however, their service is utterly pathetic and they should be removed from the vendor list until they got their act together.
jamesh wrote:

Note the Electrocomponents, with their RS subsidiary, are actually one of the manufacturers of the Raspberry Pi, so dropping OkDO would not be possible!

Last edited by The German on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaTTuS

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:20 am

I used OKDo [from uk.rs-online.com ]
my Pi4 turned up in 2 days I just used basic shipping
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jamesh

The German wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:10 am
Thanks for the explanation. As they are not Electrocomponents, but merely a very lame daughter company that has no clue what they are doing, it should be no problem whatsoever having them removed. The manufacturer may be doing a good job, What okdo delivers (or not delivers...) is utterly pathetic and looks like a bunch of 5th graders try to run an ecommerce store (sorry 5th graders...).
jamesh wrote:

Whilst I cannot really argue against your comments on their ability, even 'just' a daughter company comes with strings attached. RS make and sell the Pi's through that company. Take away their ability to sell direct would not be prudent.

The German

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:27 am

Thanks. Take it as an unhappy customer venting :-) I understand politics, but hopefully this will at least trigger a discussion with the responsible managers at okdo.
jamesh wrote:
Whilst I cannot really argue against your comments on their ability, even 'just' a daughter company comes with strings attached. RS make and sell the Pi's through that company. Take away their ability to sell direct would not be prudent.

jamesh

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:07 pm

The German wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:27 am
Thanks. Take it as an unhappy customer venting :-) I understand politics, but hopefully this will at least trigger a discussion with the responsible managers at okdo.
jamesh wrote:
We have been in discussion for a while, and have pinged them again.

Beerkan

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:01 pm

While it's no consolation to the original poster, in trying to show fairness, I also ordered my Pi from OKDO Thursday 27th June.
I received an order acknowledgement and a further despatch acknowledgement on Friday 28th.

I did not order premium delivery and I live offshore in the UK. Pi was delivered yesterday am 1st July.

Hope your item shows up.

In the meantime, have a nice beer.

:beer:
['Hip','Hip']

Return to “General discussion”