Timeline:

Ordered one unit on August 7th
UPS tracking information provided to me on August 10th
Expected delivery date August 15th

That was quick, indeed.

shawn1013

Re: Ordered via Newark in the USA

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 pm

order mine on aug 5th from newark, it said backordered at the time. saw your post so went to the website and now it says the are processing the order, not quite as fast as yours but i should be getting the shipping email soon now

JustPat

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 am

Wow, you guys don't know how jealous I am! Ordered mine for Allied Elec July 26. Estimated delivery time on website: 18 weeks. Estimated delivery time in email: None (which is strange considering most people got a delivery time in their email). I'm really disappointed in everything about RS and Allied. Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with just reading about the pi for another 16 weeks. :(

cwiggs

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

JustPat wrote:Wow, you guys don't know how jealous I am! Ordered mine for Allied Elec July 26. Estimated delivery time on website: 18 weeks. Estimated delivery time in email: None (which is strange considering most people got a delivery time in their email). I'm really disappointed in everything about RS and Allied. Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with just reading about the pi for another 16 weeks. :(
RS/Allied is having problems. My Allied Pi order confirmed Mar 06 appears to be lost in the great bit bucket of Allied's order processing system and nobody can find it.

On the other hand, Newark/Element14 is coming thru for me.

I'm in Illinois, US.
Ordered Pi, case, and wireless KB/mouse on Aug 05.
Confirmed same day, estimated ship date for Pi on Aug 15.
KB/mouse shipped Aug 06 via UPS, arrived Aug 09.
Pi shipped Aug 10 UPS, currently somewhere in Indiana. Delivery tomorrow.

For now, I'll be using Element 14 for all things Pi when I can.

ndoren

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Newark USA:

Ordered 08/06, Shipped 08/13. 0ne-week turnaround. (YMMV).

W. H. Heydt

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

cwiggs wrote: On the other hand, Newark/Element14 is coming thru for me.

I'm in Illinois, US.
Ordered Pi, case, and wireless KB/mouse on Aug 05....
What sort of case? The only ones I've seen on Newark/Element14 are the Bud cases...which I don't care for.

I think one can get an idea about what sort of cases people actually like... At RS (UK...can't find them at the Allied site at all), the black and white cases are in stock. Clear cases...RS says "will ship within 15 weeks"...about the same as for a Pi itself.

Wint

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:29 am

Ordered via Newark on August 10th, UPS tracking given August 10th. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow :D

Ordered this case:

http://www.howtogeek.com/120641/built-t ... s-quickly/

cwiggs

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:49 am

W. H. Heydt wrote: What sort of case? The only ones I've seen on Newark/Element14 are the Bud cases...which I don't care for.
Yea, it was the red Bud case. Ir hasn't shipped yet.. And I've got the Lego case. Just trying things out still. At least Element14 is not holding up the whole order because of one line item.

Also got word a second Pi ordered Aug 06 shipped Monday, delivery Wednesday.

Twylo

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Oooo, so frustrating. I think I JUST missed my chance. Newark is out of stock until September 30th, now :(

I sure wish I could get my hands on a Pi before then. Does anyone have stock right now?

randyf1965

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Ordered my Rpi on June 16 and found out today Newark CANCELLED my order. Said card was listed as do not honor... odd I have placed several order with other vendors since and one TODAY with the same card and had no issues.

Now I am waiting on a Sep 5th shipping date!..... load of crap.. never another order with Newark! Lost my business

Stokestack

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

Who are these other vendors? The only ones listed on this site are RS and Farnell, with RS being the only option for U.S. buyers.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 am

Newark is the US branch of farnell, allied is the US branch of RS.

Stokestack

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks. It would be nice if this site mentioned that. I was able to order from RS directly as a U.S. customer, but Farnell doesn't let you do that. So U.S. buyers are led to believe that RS is their only option.

JustPat

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 am

I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just trying to offer advice. When I ordered my pi, I clicked on the link on the foundation's home page. This took me to an RS site. I had a choice of US or International. I chose US because I live in the US. I was immediately redirected to the Allied Electronics site. Maybe somebody gave you a direct link or you found one to the pi in the RS store, but you still can't say that RS gave no warning if you didn't look for it. ;)

W. H. Heydt

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 am

You can order from RS (UK) if you're in the US. There is at least one reason to do so... RS has some nice cases (they're almost as backlogged as the Pis themselves...but you *can* order them). Allied doesn't--so far as I can tell--list those cases, only the Bud case.

cwiggs

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am

plugwash wrote:Newark is the US branch of farnell, allied is the US branch of RS.
Technically, Allied and RS Components both answer to the same mothership, Electrocomponents. They seem to have an independent order processing systems, but it looks like the RasPi responses are mostly being fielded in the RS side of the family. That may explain some of the confusion therein.

Nocley

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Ordered August 6th, Got Shipped August 13th, Arrived in PA about 2 hours ago.

snizbatch

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:01 am

Add me to the list... No word from Allied after making an inquiry. Some people were quoting approximations given at Allied for delivery times but I when I typed in my order number to check on it's status it said it couldn't even find my order. Just placed another order at Newark and will be cancelling the Allied one. Anyone here waiting on a 512M model? I'm wondering how swapping over to the new model is going to affect the processing times. There don't seem to be any posts on here since they announced the new version.

-Jim

Metatronin

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I ordered the new model(512mb) eairlier this week at Newark/Element14. They don't seem to even have the old version around anymore. I was given a Nov 19 ship date on the new 512mb version. I also ordered an adafruit case and "Pi cobbler" from them and got them in just a few days.

sdjf

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 am

@snizbatch: can you post your Allied Order number and the date you originally ordered it? That will help folks in the queue to know what date they have not reached yet. I am staying with Allied due to extenuating circumstances, and have no clue when they will get to my order, will try typing the order number in like you did.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

sdjf

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 am

@snizbatch: I do not like posting much about Allied in this thread as it is a Newark thread, but since you posted in this one, I just tried finding my order at Allied's site.

Did find it but as it was over 90 days ago, no details were available. Quite lame - if they aren't going to fill orders that fast, they need to reprogram the web utility to give information about all unfilled orders and not just those placed within the last 90 days. Maybe you typed a digit wrong? I had to go through several screens before figuring out I had to enter the order number. It has 10 digits, maybe you left one off?
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

Lob0426

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 am

I have been given three dates now.
Nov. 26
Nov. 19 lost a week
Now:
Dec. 2 gained two weeks so 6 week lead time now.

I ordered 3 512MB on 10/22. So the date has changed three times in less than a week. Hope it settles down and stays on a date. One that ships to me before Christmas would be nice!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

Metatronin

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:23 am

well, the first two that I ordered had 3+ month lead time then all the sudden they were shipped out several weeks later. Newark seems to send stuff out in the order that they were recieved. Def before christmas, maybe before the holidays all together.

snizbatch

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 pm

An update to my orders...
As was stated earlier this is a Newark thread, but I'm going to include my Allied info just for comparison's sake.

Newark: Ordered on 26 OCT 12 Order Number 457106. Estimated ship date showed 16 NOV 12, then changed to 26 NOV 12 on around the 16th. I just got the shipping confirmation today 21 NOV 12. So Order to ship time has been 3 weeks + 5 days.

Allied: Ordered on 16 OCT 12 order number 2500336411. I did not sign up for a login but figured I would get an email with estimated shipment date or the like. I did not. When I finally set up an account and typed the number in to track the orders progress/estimated ship date, the number was refused as it was not ordered under that account (although the registration email was the same.) I have received 4 advertisements from Allied, but nothing on the status of the order. I was going to cancel the order, but I'm curious now how long it'll take! Besides, I know my 5 year old son is going to be begging to play with it. I'll give him his own when/if #2 ever finally arrives!

Summary: Order from Newark

JNRD

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 pm

I spread some orders around with Newark MCM, and Allied, and here is the latest on those orders.

Newark:
Order Date: 10-30-12

MCM
Order Date: 11-13-12

Allied:
Order Date:08-14-12

Hope this helps. I prefer not to post the truncated order numbers.

Return to “General discussion”