nihilish

Case for retro gaming station?

Sun May 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Hey guys!

I'm new to the Raspberry Pi universe! I started thinking about doing a multi-console emulator using RetroPie mostly for NES, SNES, N64, SEGA, PS1, GameBoy and GameCube games.

So, online there's a bunch of kits available. I already have the power supply, controllers, SD card. So I really just need the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and a cool looking case (I've read for this kind of project, it's better to go with a case that has a small cooling system).

But all the cool cases I found were included in starter kits, which comes with stuff I don't need. Any suggestions for cool retro-looking 3 B+ cases that have a cooling system (small case fan)?

Thanks!

JayPrime

Re: Case for retro gaming station?

Fri May 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Retroflag sell some nice ones, you should check them out on amazon, they got nes, snes, and sega genesis cases for now

Andyroo

Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Not retro but your partner (if applicable) may put up with this in the room https://sb-components.co.uk/media-pi.html

Me - I would go all out and stick it in a table, cabinet, joystick (may get a bit warm), Adafruits mini or Pimoronis big Picade
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

scruss

Fri May 24, 2019 7:53 pm

You likely don't need a fan for a 3B+.

I have a 3A+ in a Waveshare Game HAT. It's not bad at all.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

Moonmarch

Sat May 25, 2019 1:30 am

You should watch the ETA Prime videos on YouTube, his raspberry pi videos show you how to assemble the cases, which can either be portable handheld cases or arcade cabinets, and there are videos that can show you how to install different operating systems or software on the RPI.

Don't know if soldering or cutting out any holes in the cases will be necessary.

Return to “Gaming”